variance on dragon blood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddportleft

Reaction score
I am gonna do 12 pounds of fruit and just 48 oz of lemon. I followed the original recipe and it was pretty good. I added a few extra ounces of sugar and it upped the ac to the point of no memory the next day. This variance... any thoughts?

well lets see...my variants with out adding the batch size. multiples of said.

strawberry only
strawberry/blackberry
blackberry only
blackberry/blueberry
mango/peach
peach only
strawberry/mango
fig
cantaloupe/strawberry
pineapple
pineapple/kiwi
grape only
strawberry/bananna
tropical fruit
triple fruit with added strawberry
white peach grape, from welches concentrate.
and some i forgot.
go for it, and you can cut your lemon to 1 small bottle if you want.

Seriously, James has made the most interesting (and numerous) DB variations. I am flattered by his exuberance! Pick a fruit. Throw it in a bag and drop it int the fermeter. Apparently, you can't go wrong. I've got straight raspberries going in my next one.

chit , better correct that.
out of variants the peach blush,..i can not get enough, although i made it to hot the first time, about 20 percent.
I like the original with double fruit also...
Since finding the dragon blood...every wine i make I call fast track, as db is.
I even make a blackberry port, as db...and its excellent.
Far as I am concern,....dave has jack keller beat to hell.

I just racked and sweetened a cosmo (lemon/lime/cranberry/OJ). However the only fresh fruit I used was OJ, and OJ zest.

On deck next is blueberry/raspberry. Using atleast 3lbs per berry

Now I'm curious on the port recipe. Just double fruit but all blackberry...and brandy?

I am starting another batch of dragon blood, but I would like to use pineapple or pineapple and strawberry, my question is, since pineapple is very acidic, do I need to make any adjustments to acid levels, or use a different additive?

I am starting another batch of dragon blood, but I would like to use pineapple or pineapple and strawberry, my question is, since pineapple is very acidic, do I need to make any adjustments to acid levels, or use a different additive?

Go to Dave's recipe page for dragon blood and look at the Tropical Daze recipe. This uses the tropical blend of pineapple, mango, strawberry. I substituted lime juice for the lemon juice and it turned out really good.

Go to Dave's recipe page for dragon blood and look at the Tropical Daze recipe. This uses the tropical blend of pineapple, mango, strawberry. I substituted lime juice for the lemon juice and it turned out really good.

I will check it out, thank you...

i second the tropical with lime juice ...i did one like that and it was pretty good, after 4 mos, its excellent

started a black cherry port from concentrate today..
started with premier curvee yeast and an sg of 1.110
will stop it at 1.050 and add the brandy.

Guys, I'd like to try the tropical daze with lime juice. Did you sub the lime juice instead of one of the pineapple or add it in additionally. Pretty sure there had been a recipe correction taking out the lemon juice replacing it with pineapple. Course, I'm a me likee the acid stuff girl, so adding would be fine by me. But which way did you'all do yours that you were happy with?

Pam in cintii

Back