Valley Brew Tasting Party

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
You are invited to the 4th annual<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
<H2><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Valley Brew<O:p></O:p>[/B]</H2>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Fine Wines and Great Beer tasting party![/B] <O:p></O:p>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal; mso-ansi-font-weight: normal">[/B]<O:p></O:p>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal; mso-ansi-font-weight: normal">This year in support of two affected family members we will be raising money for breast cancer research. All money collected will be donated to the [/B]Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation who directs 100% of gross fundraising dollars directly to research. Our donation to the foundation also qualifies for the Pfizer matching gift program so the total will be matched dollar for dollar.<O:p></O:p>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal; mso-ansi-font-weight: normal"><O:p></O:p>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">http://www.terribrodeurbreastcancerfoundation.org/[/B]<O:p></O:p>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal; mso-ansi-font-weight: normal"><O:p></O:p>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal; mso-ansi-font-weight: normal">A $10.00 donation per adult is requested. Raffle tickets will also be sold and the winner will receive their choice of a sample selection of wine and or beer that we have in inventory[/B]. <O:p></O:p>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal; mso-ansi-font-weight: normal">Please help us reach our goal of $1000.00.<O:p></O:p>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Location: Valley Brew
[/B]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">30 Carol Drive[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Hope Valley RI 02832<O:p></O:p>[/B]
<H4><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Date and Time: Saturday September 23, 2006 [/B]</H4><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">
From 1:00 till Closing!

[/B]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Please RSVP By September 15 [/B]
[email protected]

Masta:

I would love to come, but due to distance I can't. How can I still make a donation? Send a check? Paypal?

How much are the raffle tickets? I'll get some and if I win, Please auction off the winning wine to make another donation to the fund.

A very dear friend of ours, whos a dear mother of three and a wonderfull wife and housekeeper just went through a very brave battle with breast cancer. Due to organizations like these, she will be fine and another family stays a family, Nothing is more important than that!

We should have an email auction for a bottle of your wine. We can all just email you with our bids and you can email back the new high bid, so someone else can bid higher. I can't imagine this would be illegal would it? I won't tell if they don't.......

Can we send our wines to you and have them raffled off?

Let me know where I can donate. I can't make it, but I sure am game to do whatever I can.

Would that be $100.00 each George or 100.00 total
smiley36.gif

How about an ebay auction of a collection of fine wines from The Fine Vine Wines Forum clearly stating that all proceeds are for the charity stated. All who wanted to donate a bottle could send them to Masta. I would be willing to host the auction.
Anyway, I too would like to contribute monetarily Masta and need best way to get funds to you.Edited by: Waldo

I am deeply moved and excited about the response from all of you in regards to our fundraiser. I will also say I am not surprised at all since I have always known wine makers are really good people who have a passion for life and others.

Thank you very much..
smiley32.gif

In order to use the matching gifts program from Pfizer the donation has to be from a employee. The plan is to collect all the money raised and then I will make the donation in one lump sum in my name to maximize the matching funds dollar for dollar. I am sure if you note the foundation in the memo on your check it would qualify as proof of a tax deductible donation to charity.

Donations can be sent to:

Scott Irwin
30 Carol Drive
Hope Valley, RI 02832

Waldo,

The ebay auction idea sounds great and please send me an e-mail on the details on how this would work.

Thanks again and I hope a few of the members who live close by can make it to the tasting as we always have a great time.

I would love to be their Scott, but I missed by a couple monthes on the vacation. I will however send a donation and a bottle or two for auction if you are going to do that like Waldo suggested. Let me know soon on the auction, as getting the bottles to ya may take a few days.

Pete

Masta: I would be interested in sending a bottle as well. Can we mail wine through the USPS? or do we have to go through UPS?? Would love to attend the tasting, but it's a distance....

kutya said:
Masta: I would be interested in sending a bottle as well. Can we mail wine through the USPS? or do we have to go through UPS?? Would love to attend the tasting, but it's a distance....

No shipping alcohol through USPS but FedEx or UPS works.

sangwitch: Thanks for the link to the styrofoam wine shippers.

Found this on the ebay site:

Taken directly from ebay's list of prohibited items, "Due to the many difficulties inherent in Internet alcohol sales, eBay's U.S. site will not permit the listings of wine, beer and other alcoholic beverages on its Web site. The only exception to this rule is regarding collectible containers and certain, pre-approved wine sellers (see below). Even if you are a licensed vintner or liquor distributor, you are not permitted to sell alcohol on the U.S. eBay site unless you are in a small group of pre-approved wine sellers".

Sorry Masta

Why don't we just start a wine auction thread right here, right now!

Post pictures of your wine, and bid away!

Would that be OK to do George?

Edit: We can do it EBay style. You can only auction off the bottle and label, the contents are not for consumtion and are free
smiley36.gif
Edited by: jobe05

In order not to bog the forum down and ease of execution I would like to suggest that anyone who would like to donate a bottle of wine for a FVW raffle to send it to me for collection and shipping to the raffle winner.
All memberswho donate to the fundraiserwill be entered into the raffle and the winner will be selected on the day of the event.

This will be in addition to the raffle that is already planned for Valley Brew products for those in attendance.

Thank you to those who has donated already, it is greatly appreciated.

MAsta I will sending a bottle of my Muscadine for the raffle tomorrow. I can send my donation with it or send it by Paypal. Whichever you prefer. Just let me know...Off work today in celebration of our 37th Wedding Anniversary today.

Waldo you can send your donation with your bottle. Thank you very much and congrats on your anniversary!

37 years...WOW!!
smiley32.gif

Yes, congrats Waldo! Yesterday was my second and... I hope I have 37 years left in me.

Latest posts

Back