V-Vessel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For beer its OK

For wine I would not for a few reasons

Most kits make 6 gallons

It would be hard to degass

Around $250.00 is high for just ONE

I would have no room to put 20+ on any wall in my home. I have 30+ carboys now

It actually does make 6 gallons just fine and I have not had a hard time with degassing. The US price on these is about $185.00. I have 2 of them right now and have not had any problems. However, I have never made wine with any other equipment and would like to see the differance between the Vessel and Carboys.

Yeah but you could have 10 glass carboys or 14 better bottles for the price you paid for 2. Just imagine how much wine you could be making.
VC

It would look real cool seeing 30+ of these things on my wall if not for the price. I think SWMBO would kick me out... If I did that on the walls here

Would be great for wine tasting partes, just rig up a manifold with a bunch of 1/4" hoses coming off it kinda like a bong and let the tasters grab a hose and get to tasting.
smiley36.gif

Sheeshhhhhh..must be the old hippy still in me !!

Wow i bet there are some interesting aromas coming from your wines WALDO.

I have one but I haven't used it in over 2 years. I may drag it back out when I move everything to my new brew space and have a place to mount it without the wife griping. It works OK. I prefer my stainless conical over it though. Much easier to clean and sanitize. BTW Tom, 5 Imperial gallons is 6 US gallons. One thing I could never figure out about Canada. They have all the metric stuff such as liters but still have that oddball Imperial Gallon thing that isn't even a gallon. Must of been some migrant from Texas that got that started.
smiley36.gif

Live and learn..
I did not know that.

Latest posts

Back