V-8 Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CajunTim

Reaction score
Hi all,
As I sit here drinking a can of V-8 juice I wonder if anyone has tried making wine from it and how it cam out? As I look at the can, it reads 100% juice and no preservatives.

sounds like you just came up with a project for yourself!

I don't know how a wine would be, but I like to add a little vodka to my v-8 juice from time to time.

What the Bloody Mary are you people talking about
smiley36.gif

Wine from V-8. I know when they make Vodka from potatoes they have to start an enzyme that would eat the starch and turn it into sugars, then use yeast to turn the sugars into alcohol, then distill.
I've heard if the yeast is started too soon and eats starches it will cause the fermented beverage to make you go blind or possibly die!
(not that wine would kill) but you would probably want to start converting starches into sugars, no?

Edited by: rshosted

Friends gave us some Tomato wine...they said it wsan't very good.....we've had it for 3 years and still haven't opened it....?

If anyone here had made any, it would of been Martina. She makes wine out of anything and everything including tomato if I remember correct. Someone around here had made a tomato wine.

Smurfe

Thats amazing that no matter what we bring to our lips we wonder what we can make wine out of....
smiley36.gif

I'd be very interested in trying a tomato wine. Now I might have to start one! If anything it could be great for cooking! Toss some in with a bolonaise (sp) sauce or in with the venison in the slow cooker.

Latest posts

Back