using sulfur on marquette grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it every spray with captan or mancozeb. Works wonderfully and had no issues.

Sorry to hear that. Like mfzona I mix it with either mancozeb or captan and immunox and haven’t had any problems on my Marquette. I think you do have to be careful on the volume of water you mix it with, the the outside temperature, and avoid applying it in conjunction with any oils such as neem oil. I specifically chose Marquette because I wanted to be able to spray sulfur in my vineyard and the other hybrids that are more common in Virginia were sensitive to it. So far it hasn’t been a problem.

Ouch, glad you figured it out. I don’t use phosphorous acid (instead mancozeb then captan for downy mildew) but understand you have to be careful with the concentration and avoid spraying it too frequently or deal with toxicity: Top Mistakes of New Grape Growers. Hope it’s smoother sailing from here on out!

Double A says Marquette are sensitive to sulfur. I use it on my other vines but haven’t on the Marquette. It sure would be a lot easier if I could spray them the same as the other vines. Interesting that you folks aren’t having a problem with it - good news.

Latest posts

Back