• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Used Wine Barrels, Chicago

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Dan. Welcome to the forum.

I don't think you are suggesting that these barrels can be used for wine, correct? I know that there are many great uses for them and from your website, they look great for repurposing.

Hi Rocky,

These could be re-used for wine, as the 2009 SilverOak barrels have only been used twice. Certainly not new, but they do still have life to them, but yes they are many times repurposed.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Rocky,

These could be re-used for wine, as the 2009 SilverOak barrels have only been used twice. Certainly not new, but they do still have life to them, but yes they are many times repurposed.

Thanks,
Dan

Are you guaranteeing these to be clean, sanitized and infection free? Isn't it risky to sell used wine barrels for the purpose of continued winemaking? I know of used barrels passing hands, but that is usually from one vintner to another, and there is a history between the two. Is it actually pretty common for used wine barrels to change hands with this purpose via commercial shops like this?

Last edited:
Back