Other US Winery Supply kits Anyone use these

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNwino

Reaction score
http://uselitewine.com/index.php?cPath=1

In my quest for Pure Varietal 100% juice I stumbled upon these kits. They use no added sugar, water or blend the juice with generic white or red concentrate or source the juice from multiple source(All the juice comes from specific regions in California). These 68 brix concentrates sound pretty good. Anyone ever tried these?

Just a reminder, they don't add water, but YOU do.

In years gone by, these kits had some very good reviews. Unfortunately, you don't hear much about them.

Steve

they only sell to wholesalers, you need a company tax id number to order from them. interesting thought though they look cool

they only sell to wholesalers, you need a company tax id number to order from them. interesting thought though they look cool

Actually their website is funny if you don't create an account and just do a guest checkout you don't need to put in a tax id. I was disappointed at first but then I clicked on the guest checkout and you can do it that way :)

Just a reminder, they don't add water, but YOU do.

In years gone by, these kits had some very good reviews. Unfortunately, you don't hear much about them.

Steve

Well its more that the other guys its mostly sugar and not juice. I like how this is just concentrated juice. I think Im going to order the Muscat. If I do I'll keep you all posted on it

They say they utilize "pure varietal concentrate". They even verify its origin.

That is interesting because I believe the reason most kit wines taste more like a blend than a true varietal is that they include "other grape juice from concentrate".

How much of the kit's concentrate is really varietal specific and how much is that very general blend of "other" juice? I believe the "other" is most likely the larger portion. Problem is I am only guessing. We don't really know and they "ain't gonna say'".

This is an exaggeration of course, but legally if the kit says it contains pure varietal concentrate and other concentrate, I am guessing the pure varietal could be less than a cupful.

Oh good, I figured it out. Now, to justify $35 in shipping...

I have made the Chardonnay and the Symphony from US Elite. They are only about 6 months old at this point but from the samples I've tried I'm pleased. The kits were simple to make and cleared well etc. I checked out as a guest without a tax ID number and the kits arrived about a week later. They also sell grape skin packs on their website for reds.

I have made the Chardonnay and the Symphony from US Elite. They are only about 6 months old at this point but from the samples I've tried I'm pleased. The kits were simple to make and cleared well etc. I checked out as a guest without a tax ID number and the kits arrived about a week later. They also sell grape skin packs on their website for reds.

Well I contacted them asking about the Tax ID and guest Check out and they have removed the guest checkout almost instantly and responed to my email saying Sorry we do not sell directly to the public. What a bunch of bullshit. Their is literally nowhere to get these kits :(

Have made quite a few of them the first ones been bottled since this feb. although they are pure varietal I think they still lack body requiring a grape pack which bumps your cost up. Actually ended up blending a merlot and zin into a 11 gallon barrel since I thought they tasted similar at initial testing anyway. The cab franc I thought has tasted the best thus far and made the riesling dry style which is coming along okay.

Well I contacted them asking about the Tax ID and guest Check out and they have removed the guest checkout almost instantly and responed to my email saying Sorry we do not sell directly to the public. What a bunch of bullshit. Their is literally nowhere to get these kits :(

Rule #1 on these type of deals is that you never call, e-mail or contact them.

Rule #1 on these type of deals is that you never call, e-mail or contact them.

Well they are just shooting themselves in the foot. I guess I screwed it up for everyone :( sorry bought that. You'd think they would at least get back to me about where to purchase their product. You'd think they would do everything they can to sell their kits but its a Californian based company so I guess I should have low expectations

I have made these kits and I would put them on par with a 15 or 16 liter kit with no grape pack. Certainly there are more robust kits out there but there are also many lesser kits. So $84 plus shipping for the equivalent of a 16 L kit isn't too bad in my book. Since they are single varietal kits, you may want to think about buying a couple and blending yourself. My palate says you could do much worse for your 84.

I have made these kits and I would put them on par with a 15 or 16 liter kit with no grape pack. Certainly there are more robust kits out there but there are also many lesser kits. So $84 plus shipping for the equivalent of a 16 L kit isn't too bad in my book. Since they are single varietal kits, you may want to think about buying a couple and blending yourself. My palate says you could do much worse for your 84.

Where do u get them please?

I was introduced to them from Gem Vintners but, last I knew, they were no longer selling online. I created an account with them several years ago and have purchased using that account.

Also, I know of a guy (no names) who 'created' a tax ID number in order to open an account. There was never any question, as far as I know and he still orders kits, at least his account is still active.

Latest posts

Back