Other US Elite Kits on Amazon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grilljockey

Junior
Reaction score
Interesting...US Elite is now selling kits on Amazon.com. They also have a 10 day kit selling at Costco.

Interesting plays. Not so sure about the 10 day kit....and not so sure I like the play of them moving to Costco versus going through LHBS's....but then again, I have heard good things about their juice....

Curious for the reviews on their kits to start coming out.

Ok.. I just bit on thePinot Noir kit.. They have a 25% off sale going thru saturday (2/28)with code "BREWNG25" with free shipping which brought it to 74.90 + tax(In NY at least) shipped to my door.. Hard to find any info on this wine, but what I have read looks encouraging! Won't be brewing it until sometime in April/May as I also am ordering the Green Apple Reisling to do next.. It's good that I was able to stockpile some of my beer since my fermentor will be pretty busy until June!! Unless I get another primary!!
smiley4.gif

What info do you have?

How many ltr in the box?

Who makes it?

Etc...

tepe said:
What info do you have?

How many ltr in the box?

Who makes it?

Etc...

Found some info here... --> http://www.finevinewines.com//Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7174

And some info here on the grapes themselves... --> http://uselitewine.com/index.php?id=55

It is the Micro Winery Series 6.4L concentrate kit.. Makes 23L which = 6 Gal..

Link to kit I got..-->http://www.amazon.com/US-Elite-Pinot-Varietal-Concentrate/dp/B001FSJ4E4/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1235742703&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I would be willing to pay about $100 for a 6.4L kit. For a few more $ you can buy a Mosti All Juice kit from George. For the discounted price you can get a Mosti VN kit.

PeterZ,
Good point I thought it may have been 15+ Ltr kit.
Spend a few bucks more and get better wine compared to an unknown.

PeterZ said:
Can't say I would be willing to pay about $100 for a 6.4L kit. For a few more $ you can buy a Mosti All Juice kit from George. For the discounted price you can get a Mosti VN kit.

I never would have gotten it if there was no discount.. I agree at 100.00 it is no bargin.. I also had a 10.00 gift card from amazon, so that brought my actual cost down to 65.00 + tax shipped.. One of the members said there Cab was outstanding, so hopefully I will have good results with the Pinot.. I have a VN Cab kit I am currently working on, and have been very happy with it so far..

Got my kit today, and even though my original plan was to do the Reisling first, I decided to start this one.. Their directions are written out very well, and vary greatly from the first Vinifera Noble Cab kit I am making.. First of all they say that Bentonite is not needed in red wines, so it is not included. Secondly, they advise to leave in primary for 2 weeks until all fermentation has ended and SG is at .0996 or lower.. At that time they say to transfer to carboy and add sulphite, post-tannins, clarifier(sparkalloid) etc.. No mention of degassing. We will see how it turns out.. It also came with a oak powder bag which is added to primary.. The initial SG is 1.094 @ 68F...

Their website iswww.uselitemicrowinery.comor www.uselitewine.com both of which have limited info.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

WhineMaker said:
Their directions are written out very well, and vary greatly they advise to leave in primary for 2 weeks until all fermentation has ended and SG is at .0996 or lower..

I use my primary for the secondary tooBUT.... I rack to a clean bucket at the end of the primary fermentation, clean the primary and rack back into the primary to do the secondary fermentation. Do your instructions have you doing this???? And I keep the lid loose during the primary stage and on with an airlock in the secondary stage.
TinaLouise

I actually called US Elite because I wanted to confirm their directions.. I was told to snap the lid down, place airlock on and leave it alone for 14 days.. Customer service had one of their wine guys call me back on this.. I am taking his advise at this point. I posted the directions that came with my kit above, and they mention nothing about a secondary fermentation.. I don't think it would hurt anything by doing a secondary, but since I am so new to this, I don't want to vary from the directions for each kit just yet... ;)

understand ? dont know why..

It says transfer to a clean carboy on day 14, 35 and day 52.

When it says transfer that means Rack or Secondary. Just different verbage. I am not sure why they want it to go dry. Follow directions and see. 2 weeks is not unheard of in primary. But, once ithits below1.00 I would rack

You are correct WhineMaker, there isn't a secondary ferment on these kits, its all done in the primary,I think RJ Spagnols does it this way also, not sure.Should be completed in the two weeks stated. After the two weeks, you are racking off the lees and beginning the clearing stage. Good to see you following the directions to a "T" , if its anything close to the Cab I made you will be very well pleased with it. I did have my doubts on a 6.4 ltr kit,was one of the nay sayers....but I'm now a believer. Good luck with it, keep us posted.

I guess the only thing unclear to me from the directions wasshould I leave the lid loose on the fermentoror snap it down into place, but now I know for sure so I am more at ease with it.. This morning it was fermenting very well, and I am sure when I get home tonight the smell of fermenting must will be in the air.. JW, I am hoping it comes out as good as the Cab did for you!!

Last night I racked this for the second time(~35 day point).. The lees was very compact andeasy to siphon off of.. This wine is very clear at this point and tastes great! I topped it off with about 400ML of similar wine. Nice nose, legs and perfect on the oak.. Now the 4 week wait until bottling.. I pulled a little gas out of it with my winesaver, but feel the rest will work itself out by bottling time.. Have high hopes for this kit! At his point it tastes better than any Pinot I have had in a while!! Much better than the store bought I topped it off with... My wife had a big hand in the whole process with this one and was amazed it came out so good, yet was so easy to do..

You can't go wrong with kit wines as long you follow the directions. I however would age it for a while before bottling. Unless of course you don't have the patience
smiley2.gif
for it to age.

This is why you need to do multiple kits at the same time.
smiley20.gif

tepe said:
You can't go wrong with kit wines as long you follow the directions. I however would age it for a while before bottling. Unless of course you don't have the patience
smiley2.gif
for it to age.

This is why you need to do multiple kits at the same time.
smiley20.gif

Asolutely! I am starting to learn the importance of the aging/patience thing, but am running out of carboys.. Time for another trip to the LHBS!!
smiley1.gif

It used to be anytime I went to get more beer brewing stuff my wife would complain.. Now that she is so into wine making I get the stamp of approval from her!!
smiley36.gif

LOL !

SWMBO just gave you a blank check.. Use it
smiley20.gif

Now you know

U did understand the "blank check" right?
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back