UPS vs. FedEx

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky_Top

Reaction score
10 days ago I bought two items from a saltwateraquarium store in WI. The larger item was shipped UPS ground $10.00 and a small Item that I needed was shipped FedEx express 2nd day $14.00 I got the UPS after two days. The FedEx item stayed in WI for five days then was shipped to Atlanta and stayed there for three days. Then it was shipped to Chattanooga and stayed there for two days. Then to my disbief they gave it to the US post office to deliver!!!!!????
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
MaybeI willget it tomorrow. Good thing a friend let me borrow what I needed. Maybe they shipped it slow FedEx?? But still 11 days and the US post office brings it to the house?

With all of the buckets and chemicals that I use in these two hobbys, Some dayI am going to end up withsix gallons ofvery salty wine and some very drunk fish.
smiley36.gif

wow, that's usually the other way around in Canada. UPS is the slow one that often drops off glass stuff that is smashed beyond all recognition days late (and the driver knows it and just runs away). On top of that, I've paid a $60.00 US Dollar "brokerage fee" on a $20 US dollar item for them to fill out the form for Canadian taxes which were on top of that. None of that happens with Fedex.

The post office and fed ex have a contract to work together. Fedex boxes at the PO for cargo sharing on Fed ex planes. The PO delivers lots of packages with Fed ex labels. Its all very confusing; even for the mail-person.

All I kn ow is Fed Ex works great when George is involved in the transaction!

fedex gets my vote. my kits get to spokane from george in 4 days and has never failed to even in the worst winter weather.

I have to add that when I ship wine out I use UPS and it always gets there when they said it would in one pce!

It depends on your location. FedEx does a great job in larger towns and cities, but some of the local drivers aren't very good at doing their job, especially in rural areas. My failure rate with FedEx is about 1 in 1,000 boxes which I will gladly live with anyday of the week. My business experience with UPS was not near so good.

I have never had trouble with either one and I really live in the sticks!!!!!

I to prefer Fed Ex 100% over UPS. My experience is normally the opposite as well. Fed Ex always on time or a day early. UPS, well, it will get here when they are darn well ready to bring it to me. I recently shipped a computer to South Carolina for repair. I sent it Fed Ex and it was there in 2 days. They shipped it back UPS and it took a week and a half to get here. They paid more to ship it back to me than I paid to ship to them and I am sure they have an account at a discount level.

I have never received a beat up package from Fed Ex, can't say the same for UPS. I got a package today that had big red stickers all over it saying GLASS/FRAGILE. It was beat to hell. Thank goodness there was no glass in it. Don't know why they put it on there but that wasn't the point. The box was smashed up.

UPS and FedEx are about even here, I have a slight lean towards UPS but mainly a cheaper price thing. That is until I needed to ship something to Canada one day (from Florida) that was worth about $20. FedEx wanted $80-something and UPS wasn't much better. Went to the local post office and it was $3 and some change as long asI didn't want delivery confirmation on that $20 item (like $7 or $8 with it), so guess which oneI went with...

Latest posts

Back