untaint that wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, that was a very interesting article there david. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Man! Why would you want to pay £40, which is something like $75 in real money
smiley2.gif
for a device that will do the same thing as a 5 cent ZipLock baggie? That's right - if you have tainted wine, stick a ziplock bag in the neck of the bottle (in contact with the wine) and leave it overnight. The plastic in the baggie will grab hold of the cork taint polymer.
http://www.wineloverspage.com/wineadvisor1/print050829.html

Hey Funky,

Did you see the price they paid for the1982 Château La Fleur-Pétrus Pomerol Bordeaux?£525! Whenyou pay that much for a bottle of wine and it tastes like swill, another £40 is chump change
smiley36.gif
. Thanks for the reference to the ziploc trick! Great article!

I have not heard of this new device, but I have heard of the plastic bag trick. For those of you who have experienced corked wine and are interested in the plastic bag trick, be aware of the oxidation that takes place when you leave the bottle overnight. If you can't or don't want to return the bottle for some reason and the wine can not be exposed to that much oxidation over night because either it is too old or it is just not meant to be aged, I suggest that you pour the whole bottle into a ziploc bag and leave it in there for an hour or more. So your friends don't see you pouring your bag wine, you can always pour it back into the bottle.

-scott

Latest posts

Back