Uggggg

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

winehomie

Reaction score
I was looking thru my aged wine last night and found a couple bottles of a black raspberry wine I made 3 yrs ago, it was one of my first attempts at wine making, made from some wild berries I found growing on my land. It had a lot of sediment in the bottom of the bottle, but it was one of my first tries, I popped the cork on it, and it was amazingly good, very good berry taste, slight carbonation, and good lord did it kick my butt!!! I don't know what the alcohol level was in that wine but I know I am paying for it this morning!!! Well the fact that I finished the whole bottle might have been a factor to lol

JohnT

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to hear. Now you just need to make more!

winehomie

Reaction score
I'm going to try again next summer, but I made this wine before I started taking notes or anything, I honestly think I fermented this in a used plastic milk jug, with no airlock, the lid didn't fit tight enough to need one lol, it was awful when I bottled it, I put it in the back of my closet and forgot about it, and after 3 years it turned out great. I'm going to name it my "Accidental Raspberry Surprise"

Yes I like giving my wines stupid names lol the cherry dessert wine I and making is named drunkin monkey lol this is the label for it lol

wine2.jpg

Last edited:

BernardSmith

Reaction score
Coincidentally, I opened a bottle of a mixed berry wine the other day that I had bottled in 2012. When I bottled it I thought it was terrible, too - sharp in all the wrong places, thin where I wanted it full flavored... but when my wife and I sipped a glass we were both so surprised with how much the wine had changed and by how much it had improved. People often say how much you really need to allow a wine to age ... and the fact is that there is nothing more true.

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
NOW THATS A FACT,
many including me gain from you long timers
main ingredient for a really good wine is patience .. an lack of friends and family, to many friends an family really makes wine disappear way to young,,
Dawg::

Coincidentally, I opened a bottle of a mixed berry wine the other day that I had bottled in 2012. When I bottled it I thought it was terrible, too - sharp in all the wrong places, thin where I wanted it full flavored... but when my wife and I sipped a glass we were both so surprised with how much the wine had changed and by how much it had improved. People often say how much you really need to allow a wine to age ... and the fact is that there is nothing more true.

Latest posts