Two Things America Got Right!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the problems are things like urban sprawl: the creation of suburbs where work and stores and play and education are no longer within walking distances, the hours folk spend in commuting between work and home... Pollution is perhaps but one of the problems, but not the only one. Whether auto manufacturers bend to the will of the people or have enough capital and suasion to bend the will of the people to identify with their interests is presumably something the Supreme Court recently chose to help influence when it claimed that corporations were also "people"....

I think the problems are things like urban sprawl: the creation of suburbs where work and stores and play and education are no longer within walking distances, the hours folk spend in commuting between work and home... Pollution is perhaps but one of the problems, but not the only one. Whether auto manufacturers bend to the will of the people or have enough capital and suasion to bend the will of the people to identify with their interests is presumably something the Supreme Court recently chose to help influence when it claimed that corporations were also "people"....

Bernard,

You make a very valid point. Just to add to this,

The changing of America into a commuter society has had other impact as well. Think of the great organizations that used to thrive in small towns back in the day. Clubs like the Lions, Kiwanis, and even the Masons have only thrived with membership. This was great back in the day when people lived and worked in the same town. Nowadays, commuters simply do not have the time and the orgs are suffering greatly.

All very good points:

However, I am only arguing the validity of my brand. LOL! The politics of the auto industry, the infrastructure of the country, all of that is left to the individual (at least while we still HAVE individuality).

I am simply saying that as long as there is a road to travel and a journey to be had - I have a vehicle that will take you there!

"Where there is a will, there is a Chrysler." ;)

All very good points:

However, I am only arguing the validity of my brand. LOL! The politics of the auto industry, the infrastructure of the country, all of that is left to the individual (at least while we still HAVE individuality).

I am simply saying that as long as there is a road to travel and a journey to be had - I have a vehicle that will take you there!

"Where there is a will, there is a Chrysler." ;)

9CWM,

A small piece of advice.. Never throw all of your trust and all of your loyalty, and any bit of unconditional love toward an employer (that is, unless you own the company).

Big business does not really give a hoot about you. They would fire you tomorrow if they feel that is in their best interest.

Enjoy you job and who you work for, but remember that they are not your family.

Of course, Maestro. Don't misunderstand me. I know the volatility of big business and that I am nothing more than a number to both my dealership and the Chrysler Group, LLC.

However, to me, the cars on my lot (and you can think me odd for this) are part of my family. Jennifer the 2014 Dodge Durango Citadel sits proudly on my show room floor, glamorous and beautiful. Angela, the 2013 Dodge Charger SXT Plus is my 'lady in red', Rebecca the 2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually looks over my lot with a big-sisterly kind of stance and Sophia the 2014 Chrysler 300C lends class and confidence to her sisters. Each car a new story, a unique personality, a chapter in someone's life!

Jennifer could be the salvation a growing family needs that is stuck in a too-small Ford Focus; or Rebecca may be just what the 'doctor ordered' for that farmer that needs to move more cattle in one trip, but just can't do it with his older Chevy diesel.

That, friends, is what I enjoy about this job. I live to see my girls go to a good home, with a good family, and to see that family (or person) enjoy her company. Its not the paycheck or the recognition, truly, its the service. I live and die by the "I love it!"

2013-chrysler-300-srt8-front-34jpg.jpg

Norske,

If I were trying to sell cars here, my friend, I would have asked for the sale. If I were not a car salesman by trade, none of you would take issue with my passion (I suspect). :D

You know, my father told me something that he learned long ago: "Do what you like and you'll never work a day in your life." Its true. I am - in case you haven't noticed - very passionate about these vehicles, ALMOST as passionate as I am about wine (wine wins!).

So, Norske, to answer your question: No, I am not trying to sell cars by any means.

Point of order:

The new 2015 Chrysler 200 is our subtle (but complete) take-over of the mid-size sedan segment. This thing is super amazing with capabilities beyond anything any other brand has!

Sleek, stylish redefinition of complete quality.

Point of order:

The new 2015 Chrysler 200 is our subtle (but complete) take-over of the mid-size sedan segment. This thing is super amazing with capabilities beyond anything any other brand has!

Sleek, stylish redefinition of complete quality.

Agsin, thats your opinion...me...not impressed, another poorly built Dodge.

We have been considering a new diesel truck to pull our retirement 5th wheel in a few years. I spoke with several diesel mechanics and asked what they would buy. All said the same thing - Ford or Chevy. I asked why not Ram and they all said the drive train was great, but the truck was not. One mechanic called it 'a diamond wrapped in a turd'. Thought that summed it up pretty well. Needless to say, we no longer considered a Ram.

We have been considering a new diesel truck to pull our retirement 5th wheel in a few years. I spoke with several diesel mechanics and asked what they would buy. All said the same thing - Ford or Chevy. I asked why not Ram and they all said the drive train was great, but the truck was not. One mechanic called it 'a diamond wrapped in a turd'. Thought that summed it up pretty well. Needless to say, we no longer considered a Ram.

I have a 2011 ram 2500 with the cummins engine. I absolutely love this truck. However I removed the diesel particulate filter, other emissions stuff, and added 100hp. 2 weeks after I bought it. (IMHO a stock diesels are all dogs) I have driven 2 chevy duramaxs from the same year. To me the build quality of the ram is a huge step above the chevy. I have no experience with the ford so I can't comment on it I will admit that I am biased toward Cummins. My last truck was a 06 dodge cummins. Engine great. Truck not so much. But they have improved drastically since then.

Last edited:
I was in the Indianapolis area recently. Apparently that is the hub for the RV manufacturing industry. The trailers are huge and they get transported all over the country. What I found most interesting is that the vehicles that deliver them...Ram diesel trucks. I think that speaks volumes to the reliability and capability of the Ram truck.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

9CWM,

I too share your passion for Chrysler products. However from the other side of the fence. I've worked for Chrysler 26 years and agree we have some great product to offer. I think if more dealer personnel were as excited as you are we would not have any cars left on the lot. There is an enormous amount of wine knowledge on this forum so...let's make some wine!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

EPA,, tho a "well intended" bureaucracy,, has a stranglehold on the consumer that outweighs the engineering benefits, (ie) Rudolph Diesel's marvelous machine! The Cummins I-6 is the cats meow by far in anybody's book. At least we are still free to "ferment" as we see fit!!!

Last edited:
If you could sling this baby together for me at near the same price it was in 1956, I will take two.

1956ChryslerNewYorker_01_700.jpg

Family has employee pricing with Chrysler and ford, good pricing, but after some shopping they can't compete with a vette.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back