Two of my wines received medals!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scuba, that would be fun. How about George's favorite? One of his Barolo's???
smiley32.gif

Works for me, Im looking to pick up around 3 kits for this xmas anyway. Im also thinking the Trinity Red. Edited by: Scubaman2151

Congrats on the medals Scuba!
Good to see your avatar on this thread. I have been quiet on this forum for a while. Too many other things going on. It is good to see other familiar names on this thread too. I've missed thedaily forum checkand the informative posts all of youregulars.
Wehave slowed down our kit making as the inventory has built up andrequires somewhat moreage thanexpected.

Scuba, let me know the 3 kits you will be purchasing and I will purchase one of the same kind.
smiley4.gif

Ok, no problem there uavwmn. Are you more partial to the Trinity Red or to the Barolo? I just made 6 gals of Cab Franc, Merlot, and Pinot Noir. So I think im either going to get the Trinty or the Barolo then get two white kits that I can make and have them ready in time for summer. Probley two of the easy drinking Island Mist Kits, not sure though, still open to suggestions on that.

Scubaman I opened a Trinity Red World Vineyards bottle last night and opened one of the Mosti Vinifera Noble Franc/Sauvignon tonight. I got out 2 identical Winestock 2007 Goblets and poured out an inch in each of them. The first thing that strikes me is how brilliantly clear the WE Trinity Red is. The Mosti sample is clear along the edges, but you can't see your fingers at the middle- it is just a tad less clear. That is probably what contributes to just a bit more mouthfeel and body to it over the Trinity Red. They are practically indestinguishable from smelling them. Taste- again very close. About the only difference is the Trinity Red has just a touch more tannin to it and the Franc/Sauvignon has a slightly longer vanilla finish. Which one would I do? Depends on how soon I wanted to drink it. For a wine good at a yearto even better in two, I would get the Trinity Red. If I wanted to drink it in 6 months but be even better after a year, I would go with the Franc?Sauvignon.

Sorry, I don't have the cmera with me right now or I would have taken a picture. There really is a difference in the clarity- the Trinity Red is see through ruby brilliant.

You are on your own for a white Scuba. Next year if you want a good white to drink the following summer, let me know and I will get you some grapes to make a nice summer wine.

Back