WineXpert Two new kits with grape skins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat50496

Reaction score
Just took a peek at the WE website and see they are offering two new kits with grape skins: Italian Amarone and Brunello!

Was this in the works, or have I just been in a cave the last few weeks?

The WE Brunello does need a grape pack. I made it two years ago and it is so very thin. I am glad to see they are including a grape pack for this kit.

The WE Brunello does need a grape pack. I made it two years ago and it is so very thin. I am glad to see they are including a grape pack for this kit.
That's odd. I made the Brunnello both times it was available as a limited edition. Thought it was one of the best I made. Still have a few bottles.
I tried to get the new one today, but they are back ordered in my area.

Is the limited edition the same as they were offering normally? Typically Limited edition kits are way above what they offered yearly but I also know that sometimes these limited editions kits become one of the norms, just not sure if its exactly the same kit as the juice for those is usually specially sourced and the normal kits usually say "in the style of ____________________"!

Just took a peek at the WE website and see they are offering two new kits with grape skins: Italian Amarone and Brunello!

Was this in the works, or have I just been in a cave the last few weeks?

Italian Amarone with Grape Skins

Italian Brunello with Grape Skins

These 2 selection international kits look like they are an expansion of the 4 grape skin kits they brought out last year
Australian Petit Verdot with Grape Skins

Chilean Malbec Shiraz with Grape Skins

Sicilian Nero D'Avola with Grape Skins

Spanish Tempranillo with Grape Skins

I have only bottled 2 RJS winery kits with grape skins so far and they are very impressive. with the other RJS skin kits and the expanding line from WE, i will have lots to look forward to

limited edition only

Is the limited edition the same as they were offering normally?
Winexpert offered the Italian Brunello twice as a limited edition. April 2007 (2006 vintage) and April 2010 (2009 vintage). I know that other manufacturers have it in their regular lineup, but this is the first time (that I know of) that WE has it in their regular offerings.

That's odd. I made the Brunnello both times it was available as a limited edition. Thought it was one of the best I made. Still have a few bottles.
I tried to get the new one today, but they are back ordered in my area.

Maybe only a little misunderstanding, here.
I didn't say it was not good, I said it is thin. Any red kit wine, especially those made without a grape pack are going to be thinner (less mouth-feel) than their commercial counterparts. They may taste just as good, but they WILL BE thinner. Thinner may not even be a factor for some people.

There is a big difference in mouth-feel between a wine fermented over 70-100 pounds of crushed grapes, then pressed, compared to even a nice kit like that Brunello, that is first pressed off into just juice, then fermented.

The grape pack will make a noticeable difference, but still, for 6 gallons of wine, a 5 pound grape pack is not going to produce mouth-feel as much as 70 to 100 pounds of grapes. That being said, give me a grape pack kit anytime!

My Brunello is about 2 years old, now. It is still not quite ready to drink.

Hope that clears it up. :h

Winexpert offered the Italian Brunello twice as a limited edition. April 2007 (2006 vintage) and April 2010 (2009 vintage). I know that other manufacturers have it in their regular lineup, but this is the first time (that I know of) that WE has it in their regular offerings.

I'll it is going to become one of WE's top sellers. I am glad to swee it has become a regular.

Latest posts

Back