WineXpert Twisted Mist Mojito...How?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSTStorm

Junior
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm brand new to this forum, and relatively new to brewing my own alcohol. I've never done a beer or wine, but I'm starting some mead soon. I love Mojitos, and came across this Twisted Mist stuff on another forum. This kit supposedly makes 30 bottles, but does any one know what it includes? Also, has any one made it or another one of the TM offerings? Is it like normal brewing? Carboy, racking, etc, etc? Any indication on how long it takes to get finished? Any info will be great, I'm considering nabbing one of these kits.

J

Hello Storm,

I made this kit last year. It includes a big bag a concentrated white wine base juice, yeast, bentonite, clarifiers, and an F-pack for flavoring that you add after the fermentation is done and the wine has been stabilized. Everything you need except for a carboy, bottles,and corks. I think this even comes with the labels.

It's not really "Mojito" in the classic sense because it's wine based instead of rum based, but the taste is basically the same. They really have this down to a science in terms of flavoring a wine-based beverage to taste like whatever you want. The wine provides the alcohol, the flavor pack makes it taste like Mojito. I really liked the results, we have 3 bottles left that we are saving for warmer weather.

The Twisted kits are higher starting S.G, so you probably don't want to doctor them at all at the start, they finish with something like 11-12% Alcohol and they certainly pack a punch. Some people (myself included) doctor the Island Mist kits to bump the the alcohol and reduce the sweetness, but my opinion you want to make this kit exactly by the instructions.

From the time you pitch your yeast till you are bottling is 4-5 weeks, and these are ready to drink right away (no aging required). Serve over a glass full of crushed ice and enjoy!

Last edited:
That's great, thanks for the infor Jdeere! I'll most likely try and pick up one fo these kits. Right now my real interest is in mead, but if this would be done relatively soon, that'd be great. I like the idea of brewing a s ahobby, but it's going to kill me waiting on most of my stuff to be drinkable so stuff like this will be a nice change.

I just finished this kit a couple of weeks ago. It turned out very well. We've put some of it and some ice in a blender and do sort of a slushie type drink.

The only thing I didn't like was that, unlike other WE kits, it had to be kept at a higher temp (72-75 degrees) than other kits. We managed to keep it there, but I don't know that I'd make one again.

Latest posts

Back