Other Tweeking Cheap Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glycerin is used in suppositories to loosen up the pomace cake when it’s been pressed a little too tightly for too long. If you don’t give yourself a wine enema, glycerin in appropriate doses won’t cause these bowel issues........carry on.

Never had that problem I have used it for sure.
Experience has showed me how to us all the tóols in my tool box.
Sometimes trial and error are the best teacher.

glycerin is a laxitive? :f2

Only if you put it up your butt......

“Glycerin rectal is used as a laxative. It works by causing the intestines to hold more water, which softens the stool.

Glycerin rectal is used to treat occasional constipation or to cleanse the bowel before a rectal exam or other intestinal procedure.

Glycerin rectal may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

Follow all directions on your medicine label and package. Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.

You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to glycerin.

To make sure glycerin rectal is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:

• nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain;
  • rectal bleeding;
  • a change in bowel habits that has lasted for 2 weeks or longer;
  • ulcerative colitis, toxic megacolon; or
  • if you have used another laxative for longer than 1 week.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether glycerin rectal will harm an unborn baby. Do not use this medicine without a doctor's advice if you are pregnant.

It is not known whether glycerin rectal passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medicine without a doctor's advice if you are breast-feeding a baby.

When using this medication in any child, use only the forms that are specially made for children. Certain brands of glycerin rectal should not be used in children.

Do not use glycerin rectal in a child younger than 2 years old without the advice of a doctor.”

I keep it (liquid glycerin) on hand to soften the materials I use to weave chair bottoms but not so much on "my bottom".
Wine works nicely on my oldish intestinal tract, but thanks for the TMI episode. My post was more in the $th of July mode than the rectal thing...

"MY" glycerin is food grade, it appears as a clear syrup looking fluid. I got if from an old pharmacy in a big brown glass jug that was used to do compounding of Rx but they quit.
I'm just having fun with the laxitive talk & it is a holiday & I do appreciate all comments here.

Ok enough of that...........Peach Bellini...just finished the final stages of this summer wine and it is very good another winner next contest in the spring, follow the flow, I made a fresh peach fpac what a difference and boosted up the ABV. just a tad... when I racked it over in the finial stage ,before bottling. I then filtered it out using my ALLINONEPUMP...now will let it settle out then take my final pics, would do this one again..

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 59
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 56
What would you recommend for something like that? I want to make a chocolate wine that I can give away over Christmas. Maybe with cherries in secondary. I'm not sure where to even start with something like that. I can get any cheap/middle road juice. I don't have enough wine tasting experience for something like that, to be honest.

Coffee port with chocolate.
base into a chocolate wine, however I would use the coffee port kit and add the finest powered Coco into it in the secondary ( about 2 table spoons
Stir well then add yeast.,then follow the instructions, don'add anything else, that should do it.
Less is more at the end of the process before bottling you can add more.
Got It!!
In A short time the chocolate will be an excellent background taste.

I think I'll try something like that.
I've got a cabernet going right now. Would that be a good candidate? I'm considering step feeding to bump it up. And adding instant coffee and cocoa powder for that coffee/chocolate flavor.

Can..no ,.unless it's a cheap kit.
My suggestion was for the Coffee Port only.Got it?

Can..no ,.unless it's a cheap kit.
My suggestion was for the Coffee Port only.Got it?
Yeah, it's a cheap kit. One of the $50 weekday wine kits.
Do you have any recommendations for turning one of those kits into a nice port style desert wine? I tweaked it a little with currants in the beginning and made it to 5 gallons instead of 6.

Back