Topping up Chilean juice bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakervinyard

Reaction score
What would be better ? My Chilean Merlot juice finished MLF, racked to carboy to add my clarifiers and I need to top up the carboy. Should I use a Merlot from last year or should I use some juice from a lug of Chilean grapes from this year, grapes not quite done with MLF. Had to ferment seperately because they were delivered later than the juice. Any suggestions? Thanks Bakervinyard

I ordered montepulciano juice. Now I want to make a grape skin pack to add to the primary. How many pounds of grapes should I order for 6 gallons of juice? Thanks

Thats John, Thats what I was thinking. Just needed to hear it from someone else.

Gwand, I got 1 lug of fresh grapes it gave me 1 1/2 gal of juice and I'll use it to top off also as I bulk age. On my Chilean Pinot The grapes came at the same time as the juice bucket. I fermented them together. That gave me a total of 7 1/2 gal of wine and will use that to top off as I rack. Bakervinyard

Latest posts

Back