Top End Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many Meglioli kits are you planning on purchasing?

• Four (or more) - 10% discount here I come!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two to Three

• One

• None

• I'd rather purchase another kit (specify?)

• Total voters

JimCook

Reaction score
With the Meglioli kits arriving in Jan., Feb., and March, I'm curious as to how many people are planning or have already pre-ordered these highest end kits. I don't recall if George had them to taste at WineStock 2007, but if you have tasted them, please state that in your reply. Finally, if you can specify which kit you are looking at and why, I'd like to know.
I'm personally looking at a couple of them but am tossing currently which direction to go.

- Jim

If they have some left when I have some money after the deep freeze then I will definitely grab 1 or 2.

I would probably go with the Rojo Intenso and the Amarone as I really like a lot of tannins and heavy oak to back it.

I had the privilege of being given a magnum of the Barolo from Masta and it was utterly awesome.

I just started some of the Meglioli kits from George's offering earlier this year. If the fermentation is any indication, the first sample should be great.

I wanted several but funds and space have limited me to none. I am going with 7 LE's this year, none of the Meglioli's. I bottle 2-3 times a year usually 54 gals at a time. I've set up this years production to be bottled inMarch of next year, just in time to start the LE's I am getting.

Well, after e-conversations with George and being notified that the 10% mix & match discount is in addition to the Grower's Club discount *and* that the kits aren't charged until they are shipped, I think I'm going to head in the direction of a Super Tuscan combo with Meglioli kits of the Cab, Merlot, Sangiovese and then a Rojo Intenso.

I'm sure this will necessitate some further carboy breeding, but I trust it's worth it.

- Jim

Jim,
I went with an Amarone Mondiale w raisins. Chose that partially on a recommendation from George and partially because I have a WE SI Amarone aging and want to compare them. I think I am going to try the Meglioli Cab next (after the all juice Chianti warming to fermentation temp and the Castel del Papa on deck....talk about an addicting hobby!)

I did add the Cab Jim.Edited by: Jack on Rainy

Jack,

You'll have to let me know what flavorsyou pull from the AllJuice Castel del Papa once it's in process.

The trigger has been pulled -the Meglioli's have been ordered and low and behold, my carboy breeding operation seems to be producing results.

JimEdited by: JimCook

JimCook said:
Jack,

You'll have to let me know what flavorsyou pull from the AllJuice Castel del Papa once it's in process.

The trigger has been pulled -the Meglioli's have been
ordered and low and behold, my carboy breeding operation seems to be
producing results.

Jim,

I haven't started that one yet. Next week!

J

For those of you interested, we pre-sold over 100 Meglioli's. The favorite was the Amarone followed closely by the Barolo.

George , maybe a U.S. map on your website with stick pins showing where you have shipped to...a feller could drive across country knowing he (or she) is always close to a good glass of wine!
smiley20.gif
Will be fun to make these high end kits, especially to compare the Meglioli Amarone to the Renaissance. If we aren't all really careful there could be some excellent wines about a year from now!
smiley36.gif

I'll be going withthe MeglioliRojo Intenso after my income tax refund is in the bank
smiley4.gif

If this wasa commercial wine, how much $$ per bottle do you think it wouldcost?

Bonnie

Im sure they are awesome kits but I can get 2 RJS E.P. kits with a little left over for that price and i have to think economically although they are tempting.
Edited by: wade

Latest posts

Back