WineXpert too much fruit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markb1983

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Well I am at it again. Along with Joeswine I am making a Barolo from Winexpert eclipes. My question is... when does too much fruit come into play? At the moment, I added in the secondary, 2 TBSP wine tannin, 1 pound of organic grapes, and 5 plums. Now I am tossing the idea of adding a 1/4 cup of bing cherries

Is this too much? I intend on rocking this out for in the secondary for about a month then rack to a barrel. Thoughts??:br

That kit is great on it's own. I'd be hesitant to mess with it, aside form some tannin, and maybe extra oak, depending on your taste for oak.

What exactly are you trying to get from the fruit additions? That's a very high quality kit, and people have had good things to say about the Eclipse line without must in the way of modifications (maybe some tannins, barrel aging, etc.).

I want to add suttle hints of flavor :) With small tweaks its possible to make any great kit even better. Take joes amarone for instance, but adding tannin and rasins he transformed a great wine into a phenominal one. Now my question is, is too much fruit bad?

Latest posts

Back