WineXpert Toasted Marshmallow Dessert/Port style

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an inexpensive XO handy so I used that instead. I can get a nice one for 16usd at my local liquor store and think it's more rich than vsop. I did not try blending with vsop, but it would probably work as well.

I just racked and think I took a bit of the sediment....grrrr
Based on the head space seems like it will take a minimum of a .375ml bottle, easy. I think it may be close to .500ml

I'm heading to the store and will buy the VSOP 40% E&J Brandy and will also put an oak spiral and probably some other dessert wine to top it off, probably the Vanilla Fig.

Just hot mine today ,going to capitalize in the primary add 1 tablespoon of instant coffee this will bring out a chocolate background to the mix add all the fpac as instructed.We'llsee how this plays out.

Interesting tweaks. You guys will have to let me know what you think. I will probably drink this while eating chocolate and drinking coffee! :h

Anyone try their port lately? Mine went in a bottle a week ago. Was tasting pretty good at that point. The toasted marshmallow aroma seemed to mellow out a lot and was much more of a background taste at this point. Had a friend taste it and as a tawny port lover, he really liked it.

I opened my first half bottle this weekend. Served it to a few people. Got pretty good reviews. I like it too although the impact of the fpack has really diminished (probably being overwhelmed a bit by the added sherry) . Still very young, but I find desert wines and whites are ok young. Glad I did this one and looking forward to enjoying it for the next several years.

I opened my first half bottle this weekend. Served it to a few people. Got pretty good reviews. I like it too although the impact of the fpack has really diminished (probably being overwhelmed a bit by the added sherry) . Still very young, but I find desert wines and whites are ok young. Glad I did this one and looking forward to enjoying it for the next several years.

Nice. I missed out getting this kit. Kept putting it off. Darn it.
Glad it is working out well for you!

What kind of cherry did you add, cherry extract flavor?

How has this turned out for you? I added the sugar mix to mine and I'm expecting to see refermentation? Did you? Got kinda lost of this one. As of now it's sitting in the primary .

Last edited:
Back