To Mint or not to Mint.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjames23

Reaction score
I had added mint leaves to my original batch of Skeeter P which is still fermenting. When the fermentation did not take off after 10 days I removed the mint and noticed it had oxidized considerably. Now, the Skeeter P is moving along nicely it's specific gravity is 1.020 and I would like to add the mint leaves. Should I go for?

Experiment, experiment, experiment! Then let us know how it goes.

I had added mint leaves to my original batch of Skeeter P which is still fermenting. When the fermentation did not take off after 10 days I removed the mint and noticed it had oxidized considerably. Now, the Skeeter P is moving along nicely it's specific gravity is 1.020 and I would like to add the mint leaves. Should I go for?

You should go for it. I like to learn by others, rather than mine, mistakes. And I'm not implying that it could be a mistake. And best of luck.

Joe

moesagoodboy said:
You should go for it. I like to learn by others, rather than mine, mistakes. And I'm not implying that it could be a mistake. And best of luck.

Joe

Just added 15 small leaves to one of two 6 1/2 gal batches.

One batch Moj-Skeeto. The other batch will be half straight pee and the last half Skeeter-Dew (with Mountain Dew for my hillbilly friends)

Never made it before. I was thinking of heating "the dew" to de carbonate it and use it as a backsweetener.
I'll test it on the hill folk first...making sure its acceptable to their palette. Lol

Gonna hold off on more mint until it finishes fermenting. There's a very strong mint aroma coming from the carboy. 5 sprigs should be enough for now. I will wait until Its done and add to taste.
The lemon is turning the mint leaves brown.

Latest posts

Back