To late for a Holiday wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tucson

Reaction score
I want to make a Holiday wine perferably from a kit, might have to " think out side the box" like Joe says. We love good full body red at our home and are looking for suggestions. Our local wine shop,mostly carries WE kits.

Last edited:
Not too late for some wines; might be too late for maybe a big red.

The WE Chocolate Raspberry port is a great wine. If you can get the kit as soon as it is released in (Sept ???), it won' t be its best by Christmas but it will still be good.

Any of the mist wines from WE (sweet summer wines) certainly will be good by Christmas if you start them by September.

For dry red wines, The lower end kits will have a better chance to taste OK by then, but the bigger, premium kits will need more like a year (or more) to be ready.

All this is just my own opinion, though and others may differ.

The blackberry red zif and it is very good. It is ready in 42 days but benefits from a few weeks of bottle aging. It would be ready for holidays. It is a "mist" type kit. We liked it so much we ordered a second kit as soon as it became drinkable around 60 some days. It is well received by those we gifted bottles to.

We did a White Cranberry kit a few weeks ago. I am hoping it improves with age because we do not care for it yet. It was started July 1st. So even for a mist type kit it is still considered young. We did bump the OG up by 4 pounds of sugar in the primary. Our goal was for the holidays. We have many others as a back up if the White Cranberry fails to please.

The CranApple Chardonnay I think will be released some time soon and it is our favorite wine for the holidays. I always have to order a few of them.

Latest posts

Back