Titrets test kit, how the hell does this work?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the kit I use you have a little bulb in which you squeeze and it pulls out the right amount and then you you squeeze again to dispense this desired amount into your vile. I use the Accuvin test though but it should be similiar.

With the kit I use you have a little bulb in which you squeeze and it pulls out the right amount and then you you squeeze again to dispense this desired amount into your vile. I use the Accuvin test though but it should be similiar.

Do you turn it upright before you squeeze it into the vile?

Nope. just suck it in and then squeeze it out.

Actually this one is way different, you break a piece of glass, but that keeps an liquid from going in, and it seems the hole is too small any way.

Who ever designed this one must be an idiot.

In the rubber tube that you slip over the end of the glass vile there is a small valve where the rubber tube turns opaque. After you break the glass put the end of the tube in the wine, find the valve and squeeze it.

Be sure the wine has been degassed or all you will collect in the vile is Co2.

In the rubber tube that you slip over the end of the glass vile there is a small valve where the rubber tube turns opaque. After you break the glass put the end of the tube in the wine, find the valve and squeeze it.

Be sure the wine has been degassed or all you will collect in the vile is Co2.

I see the valve, but I squeeze it an nothing happens.

If you squeezed the valve without the end of the sampling tube being in the wine it could have sucked in just air.

Try another one, carefully slip the rubber tube over the end of the vile to the white mark, break the tip of the vile at the black mark, put the end of the plastic tube in the wine sample and squeeze the valve.

I hope this helps.

I use these all the time. You just need to get used to them. These are the exact steps I take and have had goos results.

1) when slipping on the hose, you need to make sure that the hose comes up to the SECOND line (the first line is the score make or where the glass will break).

2) while putting on the hose, make sure that the hose is held upright since there is fluid that can come out of the hose.

3) break the glass by bending the hose. you should feel and hear the sharp "Crack".

4) locate the ball valve in the hose. (while the other end of the hose is in your wine, sqeeze the ball quickly but gently. I find that they do not take a lot of sqeezing to open up and draw in some of your wine sample.

5) I start by giving the ball a quick sqeeze to just get the flow going and also to load an initial amount of wine into the glass vial. I then mix to set the blue color. I then repeat, going in short bursts and mixing in between.

Are you doing these same steps?

I use these all the time. You just need to get used to them. These are the exact steps I take and have had goos results.

1) when slipping on the hose, you need to make sure that the hose comes up to the SECOND line (the first line is the score make or where the glass will break).

2) while putting on the hose, make sure that the hose is held upright since there is fluid that can come out of the hose.

3) break the glass by bending the hose. you should feel and hear the sharp "Crack".

4) locate the ball valve in the hose. (while the other end of the hose is in your wine, sqeeze the ball quickly but gently. I find that they do not take a lot of sqeezing to open up and draw in some of your wine sample.

5) I start by giving the ball a quick sqeeze to just get the flow going and also to load an initial amount of wine into the glass vial. I then mix to set the blue color. I then repeat, going in short bursts and mixing in between.

Are you doing these same steps?

I did it exactly the same except I did a hard long squeeze.

???? You've got me, I see from your link that you got them in Chicago, I would take them back and ask for a demo perhaps there is somthing wrong with them.

Got it to work, I was squeezing infront of the ball instead of on it.

Latest posts

Back