WineXpert Time to bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MN-Mike

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,

It's time to bottle my WE Cab. Sauv. and since this is my first kit I need some help.
Should I add more suphite. The kit had me add meta-sulphite after clarifying, but I'm planning to store for at least 6-12 months and some have suggested adding some more before bottleing.

Thanks

Yes you want to add 1/4 tsp of K-meta in addition to what came in the kit for long term aging >6 months.

My suggestion would be to drink the first bottle, ponder what Masta said, add the K-meta , Bottle, then drink the last one and admire your success.

so much to learn. Let me see if I got it. drink the first and last when bottling. Got it!

I did the Cab for my first kit. It didn't last 6 months. Yours probably won't either. We consume and give away about 20 bottles a month. If you have more than 1 wine drinker in the home, you probably will consume at an even higher rate. my suggestion is to make a huge wine cellar and have at least 2 batches going at all times. Over time, you will have a enough wine stockpiled so that you may actually get to drink wine that is 2 years old (considered by many to be the peak aging for cab and other reds).

I've been doing this for 2 years now and probably won't get a 2 year old wine for another 2 years.

ScubaDon said:
so much to learn. Let me see if I got it. drink the first and last when bottling. Got it!
It helps to learn different wine vintage's. Top of the carboy just might be different from the bottom. Please don't take me too serious!!!
smiley29.gif

Angell Wine Please don't take me too serious!!! [img said:
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley29.gif[/img]
Don't worry Steve, No one does!
smiley2.gif
You know we love to laugh around here, and Stinkie isn't always here. You're just picking up his slack.

Latest posts

Back