Time on your hands

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have been told that. When I receive my order, the yeast will be used very soon. It's amazing how that freezer fills up so quickly with the seasonal fruits. Maybe I should think about making one big "fruit-cocktail" type of wine and go from there...any thoughts on that?

I would like to try it!!!!
smiley2.gif

I made a tutti-fruity wine once. I didn't like it, but I think it had rather to do with the amount of strawberries I used (too much).

But if you have the right blend of strong/bland fruits, I think you might have a very good chance of making a very delicious wine!

Keep us posted!

True, this issue surfaced a few times in the past. What to do with high acid fruits...what base should I use...okay, like you said (strong/bland)....like a wild high acid sour cherry, with a Niagara base,...Hmmmm..complimenting?

I was thinking more like Strawberry......... Sour cherry?

Or Niagra..........elderberry?

Hahaha, I got one that would for sure put me in the history books, "Fine-Vine-Wines Most Wanted Criminals":

Cabbage - Onion - garlic
smiley11.gif

Why would you want to waste onions and garlic on wine? I just love both, but in wine?

You would make the FVWMWC list!

I reckon one might use alot of those wines in cooking and making sauces, etc. I cannot imagine me drinking an onion or garlic or cabbage wine, although I eat all 3 regularly.

I too love all three, drinking it I don't know. Just might "sip" a tsp. full if available...then I really don't know if I would or not. Emeril Lagase might!

Emiril is my favorite cooking show. His style of cooking is fun and creative.

Smoke gets in your eyes. Smoke on the water. Where there's smoke there's fire. Smokin' 45. Smokin'. etc.

Sorry. This '03 blackberry Nouveau is mighty awesome.Edited by: Country Wine

Latest posts

Back