Time on your hands

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTINKIE

Reaction score
I guess the reason you all have so much time to out post me is, YOU ARE WINE MAKERS
smiley36.gif
lets face it you put the wine in the jar and you have free time for another three months, not a labor intensive sport.
smiley2.gif

Why do you think we like it? Duh!!!

Besides, this "sport" actually produces something use can use.

Stinkie, I am only here at work, no internet at home. I am here half the days of the month, for half the day, 12 hours. I imagine I am the one at a disadvantage.

I would disagree.

1. Lugging those carboys are great for strengthening your lower back muscles -- if you lift correctly.

2. Corking with a double lever corker proves to do wonders for the biceps.

3. Siphoning increases air in the lungs. Gets the air flowin'!!!

4. Raising the glass to your lips is also good for the arm muscles.

Welcome back Joe ! I have been thinking about you often and hoped everything was ok in Paradise! As you can see we have stepped up the forum and have many great members with lots of knowledge to share.

Please let everyone know a bit more about you and post a mug also!

The forum is great! I first thought that I was on the wrong forum. So much going on "Wow," I like it.

A new wine kit arrived today. Had to help the mailman carry it out of his vehicle. Signature Series from RJ Spagnols, En Primeur...I thought that it was a belated gift from Santa.... Learneda couple of days agothat a friend of mine ordered it from George, and here it is..
smiley17.gif

Can't wait to get started again. Tomorrow I will begin by bottling the '04 Gerwurztraminer which has been bulk aging for a few months. Need to bottle the Blueberry, the Passion Fruit, Pineapple, the Starfruit, and Concord to make more shelf room. So much "good fun"

Retired from government work....no excuse for "time management anymore."

How are all those wines, Joe? I don't remember you posting any tastings.

A few months back I had mentioned about using the local fruit here in Hawaii. I had made 1- gallon experiements using the "raw cane sugar" remember? I did a taste test on my last rackings a couple of months ago and found them abit hot and quite young, and decided to let them age on keeping all my notes on each one.

Today is the day for further evaluation on each. I am in great hope that they mellowed out some. I especially had liked the "Blueberry" on my last racking and the aroma of the fruit was quite pleasing.

I don't like sweet wine at all, except maybe a little good port now and then. However I did all of them to the dry side.

The Gerwurztraminer which I will bottle sometimetoday is great though.

CW, did you ever do that "Watermelon yet?"

No, my friend never came through on the juice. Oh well. I have yet to use all my '04 Muscadines.

Yeah, my freezer is 1/5 fruit. My wife mumbles everytime she opens the lid. "Yeah, soon hun, soon....

I am in the same trouble. We bought another freezer cause one is full of fruit.

You're a lucky man,your wife isvery understanding. My wife asked me the other night what I wanted for dinner...being that I eat almost anything she cooks...I asked her what she had in mind. "Well, she said, "we have pineapple, cherries, starfruit, a little bag of blueberry, much passion fruit, many unknowns, and "some fish, which is on the BOTTOM of the freezer!!!"....I think..
smiley5.gif

I think it is time to, at least, re-arrange the contents of you freezer.

Latest posts

Back