Time in Carboy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flor1

Junior
Reaction score
Started a kit cleared ready to bottle. I had a medical problem blew out shoulder and can't lift anything. My question is will it hurt anything to leave in Carboy for a few weeks or do I need to do something. Not helping that this is our first kit so a little in the dark. Thanks any help greatly appreciated.

My low end kits get bulk aged 2 months and my high end kits 3 months so I know you're okay for that time period assuming your carboy is topped off and air locked.

The wine will only get better with time!

I had my shoulder repaired in January. Too many sports/injuries/wrecks/etc. over the years and I finally tore the rotator cuff. Mine was borderline small/medium. I am back to 100% and in fact, I think better than it has been in 20 years. I am playing volleyball again at a better level that before the surgery. Stick to the doctors recommendations and hang in there during physical therapy, they aren't trying to hurt you, but it sure feels like it!

Saturday I will be bottling wine that was in carboys for 3 years. Keep the air-locks and free SO2 maintained and keep them cool and in a dark place. I put a dark color child's tee shirt over them to keep light out. Oh, and it taste fabulous.

I'm assuming it's a glass carboy ... I would not bulk age in plastic

Last edited:
Back