THIS IS TOTALLY OFF TOPIC

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
You guys have helped before with all kinds of other questions:

Anyone have an experience and advice for me?

My daughter has a stray pregnant cat. Yesterday she started into labor and had one kitten that was born dead about 2:00. She has shown no signs of any further labor (yet). Could she have more that are ok? Was that the only one, maybe? Any signs to watch for?

She seems fine? Waldo, I know you and Martina have and love cats!!

Ramona

I would recommend you get her to a vet...It is possible that there was only one kitten but highly unlikely. Do you know if this is the cats first litter? If she doees have more unborn kittens and has stopped labor you could lose her too. Hope this helped..Keep us posted

Waldo, Thanks

It is her second liter that we know of. Will let you know when I talk to Lain.

Ramona

Ramona...know it's hard to tell if a cat 'cleaned out' [passed the afterbirth]..usually they eat it. It is possible that she only had one kitten, but being as it was stillborn there is a possibility that there are more stillborn kittens inside.
If the kittens are dead it is hard for the cat to push them out, they quit having contractions...or having any slimy discharge.
If you talk to a Vet try to get a shot of Oxytocin [it makes the uterus contract]as well as some antibiotics.
I use to be a 'Pig-Mama'...farrowed pigs in another life...and delt with birthing animals everyday, so kind of know the birth process...of animals anyway.

Thank you Waldo and NW,

Apparently she is acting normally and even playful as of tonight. You both have alot of knowledge and I appreciate it.

Ramona

Sorry I missed this topic. I hope the cat is okay.

smiley1.gif

Ramona...glad your cat is well, such a worry when the birthing process doesn't go just right....cat's are tough and they can 'dispose' of afterbirth and stillborns before you realize it.....and then they just get on with their nine lives.....
2006-03-05_103549_cat_2.png

Latest posts

Back