Third batch for 2011

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well our initial supply of pee was down to 17 bottles and I haven't bottled the Cranberry Lime Pee as of yet so I decided to start another 6 gallon batch. I mixed up all the ingredients and tool the initial sg to 1.080 as I usually shoot for. I'll pitch they yeast starter tomorrow or Friday after work. Looking forward to another fine batch of skeeter pee this year.

Working on my first attempt at SP. Used a slurry from Strawberry that I started to use in the pee. Looking forward to this.

Getting ready to create my starter. I'll be using Lavin 1116 yeast. So far I have used a starter for every batch. I never seem to have a slurry available when I decide to make pee.

I actually like the straight lemon flavor rather than picking up a slight taste from a slurry. I do have a batch of the lemon/lime/cranberry on now, cant wait to taste that :d

Starter is going nicely. I currently have about a liter with a fairly vigorous fermention right now. I started with about 300 ml of h2o and sugar with a little bit of energizer.

Mines in the planning stage... Gonna be a Cherry SP. With a Cherry-Limeaid right behind, then thinking Cranberry SP, maybe a strawberry.... Gotta get ready Summer...

I'm gonna! Especially now that I have enough equipment to prevent the last failure.... RIP- 1st Pee....:(

This has been a real slow ferment. I added my last bottle of lemon and additional energizer and nutrient over the weekend when I was down to 1.048 or there about. I checked again last night. Still at 1.016. I'm figuring on transferring to carboy this weekend for aging.

Just over 1.000 this am, transferred to carboy til dry and starts to clear then I will stabilize and backsweeten prior to adding sparkoloid for final cleaing. Will filter after all is clear around the 4th of July.

Latest posts

Back