Thinking outside the box

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amarone the king of italian reds

lets continue with the process of this one no matter how expensive the kit my process would dtill be the same.:hb

dextrose pics (1).jpg

dextrose pics (2).jpg

1 amarone straining raisins.jpg

2 amarone racking 2.jpg

Amarone the king of italian reds

Moving on down the line..........:HB
Wineexpert Amarone
*UPDATED*
Here is our kit that we received from Wineexpert. This kit is a Wineexpert Selection Series Amarone. This kit has the following included. (This list is a little different from the usual kit that you receive. This is a top of the line kit.)

The box includes the following:
· Large bag of juice
· Grape skin pack (You can actually see that there are grape skins in it!)
· 2 packs of Lavin RC-212
· 2 Chaptalisation Packs (bags of sugar)
· Package #2 (bentonite)
· Package #3 (Metabisulphite)
· Package #4 (Sorbate)
· Package #5 (Chitosan-(Fining Agent)
· Mesh Straining Bag
· 3 Packages of European Hungarian Oak
Just for reference, I’m sure everyone knows by now if they have been following the posts, that you will need certain equipment to make this kit. For the newbies, I’m going to put it below so you know what you need:
· Primary Fermenter (minimum 30 Litres/7.9 US gallons capacity)
· Long stirring spoon (Plastic or stainless steel)
· Measuring cup
· Hydrometer and test jar
· Thermometer
· Wine thief
· Siphon rod and hose
· Carboy (6 US gallon capacity)
· Bung and Air lock
· Solid Bung (if you are bulk aging)
· Unscented winemaking detergent for cleaning (we recommend Onestep or any other oxygenating cleaner, including Kmet....JUST NOT BLEACH!)
· Metabisulphite Powder for sanitizing
· 30 wine bottles, thirty corks , thirty seals
· Corking machine (there are various types, we use an italian floor corker.)
The Process:
· As always, sanitize anything that comes in contact with the wine. Including yourself. J
· Add half gallon of warm water to the primary fermenting bucket with the bentonite packet and stir until dissolved.
· Add the large juice package. (Be careful, it’s heavy!) Rinse this out with a little bit of spring water to make sure you get it all.
· Next, we added the smaller “grape skin packet”. It’s lumpy so you also want to rinse the bag out w/ water also, to get all the grape skins.
· Now, we take the SG reading. We’re at 1.10.
· Next, we added the smaller “grape skin packet”. It’s lumpy so you also want to rinse the bag out w/ water also, to get all the grape skins.
· Now, here comes all that Hungarian oak! We are adding 3 packets of Hungarian powdered oak (wow!).
· Here comes the fun part. YEAST! 2 packets of RC-212 yeast. Cover with a towel and wait 5-7 days, gently punching down the grape skins.
Secondary Fermentation:
Now that we fermented dry (SG reading is 1.010), now it’s time to rack it.
Notice the grape skins on top? This is the cap that formed from the grape skin packet that was provided in the Wineexpert Amarone Kit, along with the addition of California Raisins (that I added to add more body).
We racked this down to a carboy but it is pretty gassy. I’m going to let this settle out for a few days and degas some on its own. Over the weekend, I will force-gas it (If I have to) by giving it a good old-fashioned stir. Once I feel that it’s de-gassed enough, I will stabilize it with the potassium sorbate packet, K-Met Packet, and packet of Chitosan (clearing agent).

UPDATE:
We finished bottling our super-awesome, Winexperts Selection International Amarone Kit. We are quite happy with the results. Our end result is a dark, inky-color, rich, full bodied, wine. It has a spicy-earthy, sour cherry aroma, dried fruit, bitter almond, from the huge volume of tannins.

For a kit wine that started just 2 1/2 months ago, the results are quite impressive. . After doing this kit, we would def. recommend this one for any true Italian red-wine drinker.

We would like to thank Winexperts for giving us the opportunity to present one of their finest wine kits they have available. We would definitely recommend this kit to the novice and experienced winemakers alike as it truly is exceptional.

We are looking forward to our next tutorial now that this one is complete. Please give us feedback and recommendations of what type of wine you would like to learn how to make.

1 amarone straining raisins.jpg

2 amarone racking 2.jpg

3 amarone racking.jpg

Amarone gas bubbles.jpg

Stirring Amarone 9 12 13.jpg

Amarone Macerating.jpg

Amarone by the glass.jpg

Amarone final pic (1).jpg

Last edited:
COCOnUT YUZO

This actually turned out to be a really great tasting wine ,IF you like coconut and I do, follow the flow..great for the summer really!:HB..remember this is a pino grigio base, the base itself was very clean and crisp.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
COCOnUT YUZO continued

Was a simple wine just as most Island mist kits are but very tasty..:db

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

IMG_20160616_130430757_HDR.jpg

I thought about making that cheapo island mist coconut kit but never pulled the trigger.
I think I know you add the entire f-pack content at the end, did you measure the SG at that point after back sweeten it? I'm sure it is really sweet.

I thought about making that cheapo island mist coconut kit but never pulled the trigger.
I think I know you add the entire f-pack content at the end, did you measure the SG at that point after back sweeten it? I'm sure it is really sweet.

I've made a good many mist kits for my wife and if I recall correctly they usually end up between 1.014-1.018 after the entire fpack was added in the end.

5& 3/4 this enriched the base ,check your SG at that point to see if it meets your standards.

Reefman

For the reds I rely on racking unless I've added a heavy berry fpac(racking usually will do) on the White Yes as well as cold stabilization .

COLD FERMENTATION.jpg

SEDIMENT ATFTER CLEARRING.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

2a.jpg

IMG_20141106_165458330_HDR.jpg

Looks like I'll be racking the coconut yuzu about mid week to stabilize and add fpac. I'm looking forward to this one, it just sounds good!!! :h

This one's a winner, drank chilled the crispness of the pino grigio is softly accented dy the lovely taste of the coconut and outstanding summer wine.

I need a dedicated refrigerator to try my hand at cold stabilization. Hope to have on later this month.

Just started the Fontana Green Apple Reisling. Added juice, bentonite and sugar to get things started at SG 1.080. Sprinkled yeast on top last night and it is starting to do it's thing this morning. Made it at the full 6 gal.(per your recommendation) since it has a fruit pac to put in at the end.

Trade you a bottle of my coconut for a green apple when you're done.

Back