Thinking of selling my buon vino filter for this..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can vouch that filtering will not always remove residual CO2. I filter all of my wines since after my first kit. I have had CO2 issues a time or two even with filtering. I have a Mini-Jet and always use the #2 filter pad.

Smurfe

OK, I broke down finally and purchased the Enolmatic. I have not yet recieved it. I ordered the filler without the filter assembly. I realized I could get it later and save some initial money on the purchase by just getting the bottle filler. That and I don't really filter most of my wines.

When I get it I'll take some pictures to show what it is all about.

Congratz on the new toy. My filler broke this weekend in the middle of 180 bottles. Luckily I had help in for the weekend (my brother and sister in-law) and they helped me hand fill the rest of the bottles off the spigot of the primary bucket. Edited by: Coaster

Things always break in the middle of a job and that reminds me that I
should get another bottle filler before I run into this disaster myself!

Edited by: wade

I am very excited that you will have an ENOmatic. When will you be using it for the first time? Please let me know how your bottling goes. We are bottling this week. I will definately make sure it is properly degasseed. How long do you recommend stirring it? I have a Pinot, Shiraz, Gewurztraminer, and a Red Zin from fresh grapes, and beer to bottle this week. 25 gallons in all. We will be busy. Love this job!!! kathy

Until your arms fall off!
smiley36.gif
Are
we talking with a power drill attachment or spoon. It all depends on
the amount of gas in the wine but with a drill attachment I would say
about 6 to 8 minutes, by hand I would say I have no idea and dont
recommend it as with 25 gallons you will be crying the next day!

Latest posts

Back