Thinking about a a Steam Juicer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneCreek

Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking up a steam juicer to start another batch of prickly pear (don't ask about the current batch, that's for another time and another thread). My question is, How much use can I really get from it? What other fruits would it be good for processing for wines? I don't mind spending the money for it if it's something that will actually get used.

I got the cheapest one available on Amazon last year just for using with my prickly pears.
As far as I'm concerned, it's worth it's weight in gold for processing prickly pears alone.

I also used mine for tomatoes last year and it worked well.

This year I plan on trying it with tomatoes and green chilis, as well as any fruit I can get my hands on.

So for the 11qt aluminum one the price is $50 and for the stainless one its $122. Is there that much difference between the two?

How does the steam juicer handle the elderberry green goo?

we make crab apple jelly with ours. Works really great. Tried some apple wine last fall just to see. I think if you had a lot to make it would be quicker to squeeze.

Latest posts

Back