Thermoencapsular

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I just used this thermoencapsulsular for the 1st time and man does this thing get hot!
16_4_51.gif

You have to let it warm up for 2 minutes before starting to proceed but once its there its good to go! You place the heat shrink capsule on the bottle and rest it on the platform and slide it up into the heating element and quickly take it back cause its done in a
29_2_5.gif
! Came out perfect!

Edited by: wade

Your just now getting around to using it? I thought you have had it for a while. I figured you would of been shrink sealing everything with it.
smiley36.gif

I don't believe ya wade..you gonna haft show some pictures of it in action to restore your credibility to the forum buddy
smiley36.gif

I only did 1 bottle to give to PlymouthPete for graciously giving away 5 cases of delabeled bottles. Im going up his house after work with four different wines. I have to bottle a batch this weekend to have a carboy for the crabapple wine thats fermenting now so I see you then.

Alright alright! I hear ya! For anyone who has never seen or tried this
tool, it is pretty expensive but saves so much time compared to most
methods and comes out perfect every time after you figure out that you
have to put the bottle with the capsule all the way up until it hits
the top of the unit. Took me about 10 heat shrinks to figure it out
since the instructions are very lame and tell you about a screw for
height adjustment that isnt there and would be no where to put it if it
did come with it. They must be old instruction for a previous model.
But anyway all you need to know is that I did 31 capsules in 4 minutes
flat after thev 2 minute warm up period and most of that time was spent
getting the capsules separated from the rest of them. As fast as you
can put the bottle in and pull it back out is the speed that it takes.You do not have to be rushing but you cant be slacking off either!
20070826_134114_Capsule_over_bo.jpg

Edited by: wade

20070826_134251_capsule_install.jpg

20070826_134340_Label.jpg

20070826_134501_complete.jpg

On another note, I have been using printer paper and a glue stick until now but since using George's pre-gummed label paper I am sold on this stuff . Ive had to many of the glue stick labels just fall off over time and these labels stick well and come off pretty easy with hot water but dont fall off like my glue stick ones.

For those of you who do not know what this tool looks like, here is a picture of the Ferrari Horizontal Thermoencapsular.
20070826_144230_HorzCapsular.jpg

How much does this toy cost? Probably more than not burning my fingers in a boiling pot of water can justify.
smiley18.gif
Perhaps one day when the kids have left the nest. Edited by: dfwwino

$199.99, yes that hurts but it in the long run she's worth every penny. Gives me more time with my kids and thats what counts.

I just had to chuckle. I'm recovering from buying a La Bodega Port yesterday after having several carboys full of wine. My lovely wife has been very kind not to rub it in too much about what I spend on this hobby. I think if I showed up with the thermoencapsulator she might implode. Given we're buying a new house and furniture, refrigerator, washer and dryer and the oldest kid is going to college next year, this will have to go on the long term wish list along with the cider press, wine press, grape crusher, and three-tier all grain brewing system. I love this hobby. I'd also love to have an automatic bottling filler and labeler. Edited by: dfwwino

I use a paintstripping heat gun to shrink the capsules. Put the temperature setting on low hold the gun about 12" away as it starts to shrink turn the bottle. Works best if pointing the gun down at an angle to the bottle. Theycan be purchased for about$50.

I also use a heat gun but Ionly shrink bottles that go out for gifts and then the person has to be on the special list in order to qualify!
smiley4.gif

I use the heat gun also.Mine came from harbor freight tools for $12.
It was on sale.
lockdude

lockdude said:
I use the heat gun also.Mine came from harbor freight tools for $12.
It was on sale.
lockdude

Nice, which one did you get? I have a harbor freight right by me.

I think its the only model they had.It works just fine,for a cheepey.
lockdude

Boiling water works for me. I already have the saucepan, which serves double duty as a cooking tool. Two quarts of water = $.0000000001

PeterZ said:
Boiling water works for me. I already have the saucepan, which serves double duty as a cooking tool. Two quarts of water = $.0000000001

You just dip the bottle into the water when the cap is on it right?

Back