The eight-step program to enjoying wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From the Wine Curmudgeon

1. The best wine is wine that you like. If you don't like it, don't drink it. Or, as the legendary Josh Wesson says, "Would you eat chocolate ice cream just becaue I told you to, even though you like vanilla better?"

2. Don't be afraid to try something different.

3. Price is not always an indication of quality. Inexpensive wine can be well-made, just like expensive wine.

4. Wine is supposed to be fun.

5. Wine snobs are not fun.

6. Wine speak is for wine snobs.

7. Wine is not rocket science. Anyone can learn about wine, as long as they're willing to drink it.

8. Wine and food pairings, no matter how good, are just suggestions. The wine police will not come and arrest you if you drink white wine with beef or red wine with chicken. In fact, red wine and roast chicken are good together.

From the Wine Curmudgeon

8. Wine and food pairings, no matter how good, are just suggestions. The wine police will not come and arrest you if you drink white wine with beef or red wine with chicken. In fact, red wine and roast chicken are good together.

heck, i've even enjoyed a nice riesling with a fat juicy ribeye.....yyyuuuummmmm....

We drank a whole bottle of Reisling with Tacos last night. Agree with whatever you like. Would love to have some green chile Mike, like wine, I eat that with anything. Loren

OOPS! Souldn't there be an exemption for Welches?

hey john, maybe old orchard as well....lol..sorry, i have to admit, i fall into the category of using both....lol...i think they make a nice, tasty table wine.....no, i wouldn't call them "fine" wines, but nevertheless very quaffable indeed....as a matter of fact my white cranberry peach, made from wally world brand white cran/peach juice, actually tastes like a ver good semi sweet riesling.....

hey john, maybe old orchard as well....lol..sorry, i have to admit, i fall into the category of using both....lol...i think they make a nice, tasty table wine.....no, i wouldn't call them "fine" wines, but nevertheless very quaffable indeed....as a matter of fact my white cranberry peach, made from wally world brand white cran/peach juice, actually tastes like a ver good semi sweet riesling.....

G8,

This is just a bit of a long, on going joke between me and several other members.

G8,

This is just a bit of a long, on going joke between me and several other members.

oh i know, john....i am quite familiar with the joke and the threads in which it appears....hence the reason i decided to chime in...lol...i just thought it was funny....

Latest posts

Back