The Cat is out of the Bag

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky_Top

Reaction score
I have been making wine for about a year now. Before then I would make one gallan batches not really knowing what I was doing. I have been keeping my wine making a secret from my inlaws. My wifes family is either dry or black sheep.They only visit a few times a year so it has not been all that hard to do.
So... One day my wife wasat her Mom's house and found a case of emptywine bottles that were inthe trash. My wife did not know why they were there but kept them to use. Her mother saw her put them in the car and latter confessed. Her doctor had told her that she should drink 4 oz. of red wine every night. So they had been for about a year. She said that she hated the taste of it so my wife gave her some of the wine that we had made. She liked it and now........... The Cat is out of the Bag.

looks like you are going to have to up your production!
smiley4.gif

Yes!!
smiley2.gif
Maybe 199.9 gallons in 2009

We are working out the details...... It looks like four more carboys and 120 brand new bottles.... ....My father in law asked, " What will it take to get things going without creating too much extra work for you? I will take care of the expenses."

Pluss heis giving me 5 bottles of each batch for my trouble. It works for me!!
smiley36.gif

This sounds like it could be a pretty sweet deal for you.....And just think, more visits from the in-laws...
smiley36.gif

Sounds like the Father-in-Law wants some for himself too.

The family that drinks together...
Stays together....

It goes something like that doesn't it?????

Northern Winos said:
Sounds like the Father-in-Law wants some for himself too.

He does. They want one bottle each per week. Doctors orders.

I should have enough to get them started. I will start a quick 6 mounth and 8month batch for them. Then after that I should be able to bulk age a full year. Or at least 10 1/2 months then bottle age.

Not sure what type of wines the Inlaws like or would be looking for, but for an early maturing wine the Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble kits are very nice and won't break the bank.....So many wines and so little time.....Good Luck and have fun...

I have a 6 month old MM Vinifera Bourg Royal Ronge That he likes. I thought that I would start off with that for him. I am looking for a dry less oak less full body for her. She likes my cranberry wine but it is not a red wine.

I can understand where they are coming from - I'm a recovering tee-totaler myself!

Wayne said:
I can understand where they are coming from - I'm a recovering tee-totaler myself!

When I started into wine making it was to save money. Now it is just as much for the taste.

You say that you are a recovering tee-totaler. Is this a sickness that I could some how infect my wife with? Isee myself asmore of a bucket patcher.
smiley4.gif

Well, I started as some sort of the "good old days" thing - making my own preserves, baking from scratch, etc. - led into making my own wine and that has sort of taken over!

Latest posts

Back