That was weird....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grapeman

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was working in the office early this afternoon and all of a sudden it sounded like a large truck rumbling down the road. It was such a big truck that the room was shaking. Huh, could it have been? Two minutes later my boy came out and asked if I heard or felt that. Sounded like a big truck but it was shaking the upstairs in the house. I checked online right away for any recent earthquakes, but nothing. That was odd.

A bit ago on the weather channel, they said there was a 5.0 earthquake in Ottawa, Ontario. That is about 140 miles away. It certainly didn't feel as large as the 5+ earthquake anumber ofyears ago (2002) that was centered 10 miles away. That one toppled chimneys in the area and cracked brick and stone buildings, including my mothers home a mile away.

Anybody else hear or feel this thing?

Oh yeah - they evacuated our other Detroit office because it shook and a nearby water main actually broke. Of course, I happen to work in an older building that didn't move an inch, so I am still plugging dutifully away here... :p

Latest posts

Back