RJ Spagnols Testing PH in kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky

Reaction score
Hello, i have a RJ spagnols winery series super tuscan bulk aging,it`s just past the 3 month stage so i was going to rack it,it has some sediment on the bottom,so i figured it`s a good time to try my new meter(vinmetrica 200.... i have a 100a also,i know why didn`t i get a 300,just planed on testing my so2,but THE ADDICTION set in)In my readings and conversing with some people on this forum,to correctly adjust your so2 levels you need to know your PH,talking to George you don`t test for PH in kits...how do you correctly adjust you so2?...anyway my PH was 3.22,and my free so2 was 60ppm...so i racked it without adding k-meta...my amarone is coming up soon,hopefully i`ll have it figured out by then.

SO2 levels are based on pH. Lower pH wines require less free SO2 to protect it, higher pH wines need more. You don't "have" to have a pH meter but without it your just guessing at what the wine needs.

Latest posts

Back