TEMP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, been a long time since we have seen it this cold. Sounds like tomorrow it should get above zero. Just doesn't seem quite right, looking forward to a high of 3. Arne.

-1 right now, a few miles west of Tulsa. Windchill is -11, up from -21 at 7:30 AM. Tomorrow is predicted to be colder. I feel like 2020 said "top that!", 2021 said "hold my beer...".

-16 when I got up, I feel for all you southerners who aren’t used to this.

I agree with you there. It's much more manageable for us up here to deal with -5F (Hey, it's warmer by the lake!) than for someone in TX to deal with 12F.

I’m getting a new 400 lb planer delivered today, not looking forward to wrestling that off the semi and into my shop in this cold.

Ooof. Seriously, good luck with that!

-40 or colder in northern MN yesterday. One friend near Lake Superior mentioned -50 in a Facebook post yesterday. Right now it's -17 in the Twin Cities. I agree that at least we are able to handle it better than folks further south due to things like insulation in the house so the pipes don't freeze like some of my relatives in Arkansas are dealing with.

Went to get the mail today wearing the same jacket I wore a couple years ago when visiting my great aunt up in northern MN in mid-September- I remember thinking I should have brought a warmer coat for a 40 degree windy fall day. I thought the same thing in the 10 degree, cloudy with snow flurries walk to the mailbox and back today! I wasn't outside very long today but it always amazes me how we adjust as the seasons change (at least for those of us who live where we have seasons). 40 degrees in fall is winter coat weather and in spring it's almost short sleeves weather, especially if sunny!

WELP got the water running to day, only thing is it is running under the house,,, but it is where the master bathroom crosses straight across to the washer and dryer on to the kitchen. I've not looked yet my back is THumping, soon as that simmers down , I'll check the access panel to the garden tub, but i really doubt it is above the floor, hello tomorrow,, going to be a mess,,,
Dawg

Last edited:
WELP got the water running to day, only thing is it is running under the house,,, but it is where the master bathroom crosses straight across to the washer and dryer on to the kitchen. I've not looked yet my back is rumping, soon as that simmers down , I'll check the access panel to the garden tub, but i really doubt it is above the floor, hello tomorrow,, going to be a mess,,,
Dawg

WELP got the water running to day, only thing is it is running under the house,,, but it is where the master bathroom crosses straight across to the washer and dryer on to the kitchen. I've not looked yet my back is THumping, soon as that simmers down , I'll check the access panel to the garden tub, but i really doubt it is above the floor, hello tomorrow,, going to be a mess,,,
Dawg
Wish I was a bit closer. Would come and give y ou a hand. I know how to stop water leaks, got a old cork from a wine bottle around here somewhere. Just shove er in. Lol, Arne.,

Latest posts

Back