Other Superstore (Canada)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsJones

Reaction score
My Superstore sells wine kits - has anyone heard of or tried either brand?

Prestige or Harvest Selection - they are all about $45.

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1412447440.827131.jpg

I have never made one of these, or (as far as I can recall) tasted the results of one. It's also several years since I remember seeing these brands. I knew a couple of people who made them, and they seemed happy.

Steve

I've done the merlot and the shiraz in these. They're to be what is expected from low end kits.
Comparing these with high end kits are like trying to compare a filet mignon with eye of the round.They're both okay but if you're expecting the mignon and get the round...
I didn't find it Blah!! but it's not something you want to serve at a meal (or maybe to friends/family lol).It's okay if you play with it a bit and if you need an early drinker while waiting for the good stuff.
Just don't expect a "good" wine

I didn't make this kit , but like Kim said don't accept a good wine .What is your goal ? With wine kits usually you will get what you pay for . I think your time is the most expensive part of wine making . You know how hard it is to wait for a kit to be ready to drink . Don't disappoint yourself ! :b

I didn't make this kit , but like Kim said don't accept a good wine .What is your goal ? With wine kits usually you will get what you pay for . I think your time is the most expensive part of wine making . You know how hard it is to wait for a kit to be ready to drink . Don't disappoint yourself ! :b

I think that most people that make these kits are mainly looking for cheap wine. They make them, and then drink them quickly (immediately).

I recall one customer in particular, from when I ran a Ferment on premises. She would bottle one batch, and start another at the same time. She would be finished drinking the first batch by the time that the second was ready to bottle. Sometimes she would complain about having to buy wine at the liquor store because the next batch wasn't ready.

Steve

Thanks for everyone's comments! I didn't buy one of these but was curious about them. My next kit will be a wine expert from my local wine kit shop.

Latest posts

Back