Super KC clearing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kutya

Reaction score
I just recieved my order from FVW, and picked up some super clear. I have two questions.

do I clear it before I stabilize, or after

Anyone divided it up for a one gal batch? I was thinking of opening a package, and counting out TB spoons, then divide by 5. Maybe someone had done this, and could tell me the amount??? jh

All finings I believe are added as the last step of your stabilization. As for the latter part of your question, on splitting it up, I will have to defer to someone who knows because I don't.

If you are sweetening back I would definetly wait till afterwards just
in case something clouds it up. As for dividing it up, it can be done
but not in equal parts as the two sides are not equal but I have done
it by eye with success.

You stabilize first, then add fining agents. I don't see why you couldn't split the packet up for smaller batches. I had bought a bottle of isinglass from George a while back but don't see it in the catalog anymore, just the packets. It was great for small batches. It was a little squeeze bottle with a dropper top on it. Worked great.

Smurfe

What kind of wine are you talking about? On my fruit wines I always add K C Superclear, wait till it clears, then I filter. Now most of my fruit wines I back sweeten after filtering then add the k-meta and sorbate before bottling. I have never done any spliting of the K C., however I would try what Smurfedid, try and find the squeeze bottles less waste
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Thanks all. I'm going to clear some peach wine I have been bulk aging for about 5-6 months.. It just won't clear. I added heavy peach syrup to backsweeten, and it made it worse. It's a one gal batch, so I am going to divide it up. I will let you know how much I used tomorrow as I'm planning on doing this tonight.

Latest posts

Back