Sun Wine Fest in Ct.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
$60 a person and thats just to get in. After that you have to pay at
each stand for different tastings. Is this similiar in price to your
Winestocks or is this just typical Ct.? I tell you, I'm thinking about
splitting this dang state!

My wife and I go to the one in Grapevine, TX ever year. Cost $20 per person. You get to chose from about a 120 different wines at oz. servings. The catch is, you only get a 1 1/2 hours to achieve this.
smiley29.gif

wade said:
$60 a person and thats just to get in. After that you have to pay at each stand for different tastings. Is this similiar in price to your Winestocks or is this just typical Ct.? I tell you, I'm thinking about splitting this dang state!

Must just be your state!
smiley36.gif
The few I have been to you pay to enter and then it's open tasting.Are you able to buy on premise from the vendors? If so, I think that is a scam. If you can't buy there, I guess I can see the point of it. At our Winestock, you drink away! It only cost a bottle of your wine to enter and then we shared it with you.
smiley32.gif

There is one around here that is a beer festival that cost you $5.00 to get in and you pay at each booth. I went to another beer fest a while back that cost $25 to get in which bought you a glass. You could then fill that glass all day at no additional charge.

We do have one winery around here that charges to taste in their tasting room and does not rebate the cost if you buy from them.
smiley5.gif
I have paid at a few to taste but was always rebated the cost if I bought a bottle.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Angell Wine said:
My wife and I go to the one in Grapevine, TX ever year. Cost $20 per person. You get to chose from about a 120 different wines at oz. servings. The catch is, you only get a 1 1/2 hours to achieve this.
smiley29.gif

I think I could do it though! I believe I tried every bottle at Winestock. Some more than once!
smiley32.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

We have quite a few wineries around here that charge $5 per person and
include a wine glass per person and you get to sample each of their
wines which usually consists of about 12. Not bad. As far as this Wine
Fest It also has Food Tasting from master chefs. Beer tastings from
such as Trappists

's and wine seminars but still.

the few I've attended I've paid to get in and then had tickets for so many free tastings before having to purchase additional tastings. I don't remember much more than that
smiley17.gif

I lived in CTmost of my life and I don't know how people survive up there. I don't think I can afford to move back. I know taxes along the shore in West Haven are like $1200 a year!

I attended the annual Salons des Vins des Vignerons Indépendants at Porte de Versailles in Paris two Novembers ago and, although Iwas given a free entry ticket by a vendor, the ticket indicated the cost was 27 Euros (currently $35 - less then). There were over 600 independent winegrowers/producers from all over France offering literally thousands of wines for tasting and selling at the event.A glass was provided upon arrival and further tasting was free.

smurfe I think I could do it though! I believe I tried every bottle at Winestock. Some more than once! [img said:
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley32.gif[/img]

Smurfe
smiley1.gif
That would explain a few things!
smiley2.gif
There were sure a lot of wines there!

sangwitch said:
the few I've attended I've paid to get in and
then had tickets for so many free tastings before having to purchase
additional tastings. I don't remember much more than that
smiley17.gif

I lived in CTmost of my life and I don't know how people
survive up there. I don't think I can afford to move back. I know taxes
along the shore in West Haven are like $1200 a year!

$1200 a year, I pay $3400 no where near the Shore a year and our mill rate isnt bad compared to many many others!

Edited by: wade

I meant to say $12,000 - that's an extra grand on top of the mortgage payment. My taxes on almost 5 acres is less than a grand a year.

One of my clients last year built a nice ranch home only about 2000 sq ft on a hillside overlooking the lake and valley- nice view. He's taxed on the VIEW and pays about $1000/month. I know I can't afford that! My taxes Wade are almost as high as yours and it's not even finished in the lower level of the raised ranch!

Latest posts

Back