Other suggest a wine kit for me please.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freqflyer

Reaction score
I mostly make Dragon's blood and variants of it as well as Island Mist kits.

I love Red Zinfandel. I made an Eclipes Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel and I like.

What other red wines are similar to Red Zin?

Fairly open-ended question but assuming you're looking to stay with the high end kits, in the WE Eclipse line the Stag's Leap Merlot would be an excellent kit to consider.

Depending on your location (i.e. availability), in the RJ Spagnols line you might look at the Cellar Classic Winery Series Italian Super Tuscan which is excellent although probably a little more full bodied than the WE OVZ. If you like blends with zin, the Winery Series Winemaker's Red Trio.

In the Cellar Craft Showcase line consider the Walla Walla Cabernet Merlot or their OVZ is very good as well.

Of course, these are all going to required significantly more aging time than the DB or IM kits.

I mostly make Dragon's blood and variants of it as well as Island Mist kits.

I love Red Zinfandel. I made an Eclipes Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel and I like.

What other red wines are similar to Red Zin?

+1 on the Winery Series Super Tuscan. That is a great kit.

Additionally you might try a pinot noir. I have made a couple and really like them.

RJS Primitivo may fit the bill for you, mine is still aging but best smelling juice I have used.

I bought another Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel. I like the first and it's just now been a year since I pitched it.

I also bought a World Vineyard California Zinfandel=Shiraz. We'll see how that one turns outs

Latest posts

Back