Strawberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevs15

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been out of the WMT loop for awhile. People have really been enjoying the wine I have made so far. I've had a request for a strawberry wine. I want to make this from a kit. Any suggestions?? I want something crisp and not too sweet.

Thanks!:db

Maybe an Island Mist kit.

But honestly - I would use real fruit for this. Just buy the fruit when the price is low - you can cut and freeze until you are ready to make it.

Strawberry wines I've made carry a real kick! Very nice indeed. Doesn't taste like strawberries at all though.
zack

Strawberry wine question

Strawberry wines I've made carry a real kick! Very nice indeed. Doesn't taste like strawberries at all though.
zack

Zack, I have a nephew who used real strawberry's and he is complaining that it did not turn out. Now that I read it doesn't tast like strawberry's do you think it may be ok? He said it seemed watered down... Thanks Al

When I made mine I used 40+ lbs of strawberries,sound like a lot. But it sure is good. And yea. It taste just like strawberries.

strawberry wine is awesome! the 1st 5 gallon batch I made had 25-30lbs of fresh frozen ripe berries most
came from my garden, the beginning SG was 1120 I used strawberry margarita mix to back sweeten
and this stuff is awesome it tastes like strawberry shortcake with a heluva kick!! I started this batch on
6/4 and racked it for the last time today and plan to bottle it by Friday the only down side I had was it
took a long time to clear compared to skeeter pee and the kits I've made but well worth the effort...

My strawberry wine started with 30# form6 gallons, it has a great strawberry fragrance a superb after tase but it's thin almost watery. Just reduced 6# of berris for an f pack. Hope that works.

i made a test batch one yr w 400 plus pounds....needs sugar to keep the strawberry aroma ...and any thickness and fruit notes....strawberries are unlike most fruit wines in my view....the tiny seeds make for a bite that has to be overcome

Nobody mentioned bananas for body or strawberry extract for added flavor.

I'm in Cindy's camp. My strawberry came out like heavenly rocket fuel. The flavor is awesome, and warm all the way down! I still have a couple of bottles left. I think it scared everyone. :re

Chevs15, I have a strawberry white zin kit from Orchard Breezin that I am going to start today. I've made several because my wife likes it. It's a light crisp white zin, and you can control the level of sweet/flavor by adding as much of the f-pack at the end as you like. They also have a strawberry riesling, though I have never tried it.

Dave is right ... I have made 4 batches of strawberry wine and my last batch was the best ... I used way more #'s of berries per pound then I had in the past and about 3lb banana per gallon for body. I have not found a great way to keep the deep red color yet though.

For color - the best natural red comes from sugar beets. (No personal experience though).

As deep as the color is in them, I would think it wouldn't take much to get a nice red.

Latest posts

Back