Strawberry Wine Recipe from steamed Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am getting ready to make a recipe of strawberry wine from steamed strawberry juice. My recipe calls for 18 pounds of ripe strawberries for a 5 gal run. However, this recipe is a recipe that is based on actual fruit and not juice. How much juice would you folks recommend to make a good flavored Strawberry wine? Thanks for your help.

I would up the strawberries per lb. My last batch I used 50 lbs of steamed berries and then another 10th for an fpac. Im getting ready for another batch. Depending on the berries, 10th lbs will get about 3/4 gallon of juice.

I make a lot of fruit wines from steamed juice, that's what my blog is about. My rule of thumb is no less than 50% steamed juice on stronger flavor fruit and more with lighter flavored fruit. I try and get between two thirds to 100% steamed juice to get good flavor and body. I do have a recipe on the blog for a Niagara Strawberry that everyone says is very good. It calls for 3 quarts of steamed strawberry juice. The comments take the wine to bottling. It did end up a little higher in acid than I'd of liked, I think that came from the f-pac I used.

Back