Strawberry Lemonade ABV 5.32 in 7 days

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
Ok so I found a recipe and I made 2 batches. The 2nd was much better. This is my recipe of one I found and I made a few improvements.
Makes 2 gallons

2 cans frozen Bacardi Strawberry
2 cans frozen lemonade
2.5 cups (approx) sugar

Stir the above together to dissolve the sugar. It dissolves easily in the thawed juices. Rinse each can with tap water and add to bucket and then add 1.5 gallons of water. Stir well

The starting SG should be between 1.060 and 1.070
I bought store brand frozen lemonade from different stores and the amount of sugar need to reach the SG varies by store brand because some are sweeter then others.

Let come to room temperature and add
1 teaspoon of yeast nutrient
1 teaspoon of yeast energizer

The next day add 1/2 a packed of yeast. I used Lalvin 71B

Watch the gravity and when it is 1.020 cold crash by putting in the fridge. Bottle when cold and return to fridge. Keep in the fridge or it will become a bottle bomb. Serve over ice.

I took a couple of bottles in a bucket of ice to my LHBS today and everyone in there loved it and wanted the recipe. I went there specifically to buy more t-caps (some call them tasting caps) and more cases of 375 ml bottles and yeast.

So simple and so good on hot summer day.

Hmmm...this sounds like a candidate for my next batch! I assume you don't finish/clear it and it tastes good young? I might ferment it dry, sorbate it and backsweeten with the same concentrates...decisions, decisions.

No sorbate or k-meta. It has little pieces of strawberry from the Daiquiri mix so it is not clear. I just shake the bottle before opening. Oh soo good and refreshing.

OK, Sammy..... I'm in the process of getting ready to make this so I bought Safale US-05 as you posted
in the other version you found online.

I like the sounds of this version, will the Safale US-05 be ok for this or not.

Thank you!

I don't know what that yeast is, it was in the recipe I found. After I made it the first time I changed the recipe some. I used Lalvin 71B.

I took 6 bottles to the neighbors last night and they brought 6 empty bottles back today. She is not much of a drinker and she loved it. He liked it too. So they left with 6 more bottles. They are our official "tasters". I have a batch going all the time now. I don't have enough refrigerator space for more then one batch at a time. But they are gone when the next batch is ready in about 7 to 10 days.

The Safale (dry ale yeast I think?) as posted in the original recipe is fine...I have 2 liters of this in my refrigerator and plan on enjoying it watching fireworks tonight....just might share with the neighbors. Maybe I will give them a bottle of Skeeter Pee instead.

I used
2 cans Bacardi strawberry daiquiri concentrate (original recipe called for just 1 can)
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
2 cups sugar
water to 1 gallon
*everything was at room temperature
pitched the Safale US-05 yeast

Day 5, the SG was 1.022, so I parked it in the refrigerator. Let it rest overnight then transferred to grolsch bottles which are parked in refrigerator.

Nice and bubbly in the grolsch bottles.

Saw Bacardi Peach concentrate in the store, thinking of trying it with 2 of those + 1 lemonade...that is up next! Or use limeade instead of lemonade with the strawberry daiquiri concentrate. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Saramc What did you think of the strawberry lemonade?

I saw the peach and thought about it and I might still try it when I run out the Bacardi Strawberry. Local store had it on sale so I bought a case of 12 cans after I made the first batch.

Well, since I used 2 cans of strawberry and 1 can lemonade...the next time I am backing the sugar down to just 1 cup. I swear my starting SG was 1.105. I didn't write it down because I didn't care at that point. It is quite tasty regardless!! And I will definitely be making this quite often. Will be a quick go-to when I know there is a party coming up and I don't want to take from my stash of wine. Definitely a repeat!!!

I have several cans of the peach on hand also.

Last edited:
I followed the second version with the 2 cans of strawberry and 1 can of lemonade and I like it. Very tasty. My batch does seem to have a tiny hint of a vinegar taste at the back. Maybe it was the generic frozen lemonade concentrate I used. I plan to make another batch with half the amount of lemonade and see how that tastes.

Latest posts

Back