Strawberry F-pac

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdtexan

Reaction score
I have been going over old threads about F-pacs and I am just not getting it. I had 6 gallons of strawberry going. Actually it was a 5 gallon batch and a 1 gallon batch madeat the exact same time. I racked off of the lees today and had enough for 5 gallons total. I used 24 lbs of strawberries to get this far. I am unhappy with the taste. It taste like strawberry but not strawberry enough. Did that make sense?

Anyway, how exactly do I make a fruit pack? I just aint getting it. I have about 30lbs of strawberry frozen . Any help would be much appreciated.

mjdtexan said:
I have been going over old threads about F-pacs and I am just not getting it. I had 6 gallons of strawberry going. Actually it was a 5 gallon batch and a 1 gallon batch madeat the exact same time. I racked off of the lees today and had enough for 5 gallons total. I used 24 lbs of strawberries to get this far. I am unhappy with the taste. It taste like strawberry but not strawberry enough. Did that make sense?

Anyway, how exactly do I make a fruit pack? I just aint getting it. I have about 30lbs of strawberry frozen . Any help would be much appreciated.

OK here goes.
Get at least 6# of strawberry. Simmer them on the stove till you can get some juice. I add some sugar to extract more juice.Once you think you will not get any more juice remove the pulp.Try to reduce the liquid. You do not want to cook the berries and get mush. Run itthru a strainer and add to wine. Check the flavor and if not strong enoughstart over withmore strawberry.Then start adding simple syrup for sweetness.
Let it sit for a few days and then add more clairifier to clear the wine.

tepe said:
mjdtexan said:

OK here goes.
Get at least 6# of strawberry. Simmer them on the stove till you can get some juice. I add some sugar to extract more juice.Once you think you will not get any more juice remove the pulp.Try to reduce the liquid. You do not want to cook the berries and get mush. Run itthru a strainer and add to wine. Check the flavor and if not strong enoughstart over withmore strawberry.Then start adding simple syrup for sweetness.
Let it sit for a few days and then add more clairifier to clear the wine.

Ok, I will try this in the early morn. Should I take the strawberries out of the freezer tonight or can I do this while they are frozen?

Take them out as they will start to make the juice. Keep the bag sealed. You dont want to lose any juice. If in a big enough water tight container add a cup or so sugar.
smiley20.gif

tepe said:
Take them out as they will start to make the juice. Keep the bag sealed. You dont want to lose any juice. If in a big enough water tight container add a cup or so sugar.
smiley20.gif

Ok, Thank You

Latest posts

Back