Storage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gchill

Junior
Reaction score
need some kind of plan for large wine rack had no idea we would have so many bottles of wine when we started this addtive adventure.

Would be greatly beholdin to any body who can help.

thanks in advance.
smiley17.gif

If you have a Sam's Club membership, we bought ours on line.

2005-12-05_191012_wine_rack.jpg

This is 2 of them hooked together. We think they're well worth the money. Some assembly required.

Me my wine storage devise had to be 1)cheap and 2)easy

If you do a search and type in the words winerack, you will see my post entitled bottled, need storage devise.I don't know how to link to my post within this forum.

I got lots of goodsuggestions and photos.....plastic milk crates, walmart plastic tubs, crates.

JC

????Sam's club???? Is this something limited to the states? I googled it and well....pages of differing sam's club possiblities came up.

How many bottles does one rack hold? How much does one storage rack cost?

JC

Thanks to you all for your quick responce , am makeing plans to renvate a walk in closet now. again thanks ever so much.
smiley4.gif

jcnoren said:
????Sam's club????  Is this something limited to the states?  I googled it and well....pages of differing sam's club possiblities came up.

How many bottles does one rack hold?  How much does one storage rack cost? 

JC

Kind of like Costco...you join/you buyEdited by: Northern Winos

Ramrod,

Thanks for picking up my slack and answering for me.
smiley32.gif
I most appreciate it. I was one tired princess yesterday...

If you are handy with wood....this these are the racks we built, each unit holds 24 bottles...we made them to fit our space available.

2005-12-07_064312_Wine_Racks.jpg

Here is the site where we got the plans..really not that difficult...but 'hubby' is handy with wood and has the tools.

http://www.ronhazelton.com/howto/wine_rack.htm 

Also found this wooden plan on a Forum....it has a small footprint and would fit into a small area....lots of cutting and nailing...but with the proper tools would be easy.
[takes awhile to download with 'dial-up']

http://hometown.aol.ca/bperez/winerack/Wine_Rack_Plan.pdf

Have fun building.Edited by: Northern Winos

Any thing for the Princess!
smiley1.gif

The hand made racks look very nice also.
smiley32.gif

Waldo said:
Where the heck is the wine?
smiley36.gif

That was the day we finally finished making the racks....actually it didn't take too long, we had an assembly line going....but the sanding took awhile...I didn't think it was necessary to get that fussy.
Here's the wine.
2005-12-08_070920_Wine_Area_1.jpg
Edited by: Northern Winos

Great post Thor, I too, was looking for rack plans, thanks.

Thanks for the plans jc.

Archer

If you don't have time or equipment to build.....Here is a Site where you can buy redi-made racks.

http://www.winerackstore.com/

*** Still looks like my Copy & Paste isn't working with these URLS.....guess you can Copy & Paste it to view it.....must be this Anti-Virus program...it interferes with lots of other things too.Edited by: Northern Winos

PolishWineP said:
If you have a Sam's Club membership, we bought ours on line.

2005-12-05_191012_wine_rack.jpg

This is 2 of them hooked together. We think they're well worth the money. Some assembly required.

I think I just found the solution to my needs. Thanks for the info

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Back