Stopped by The Perdido Winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoiledRotten

Reaction score
Yesterday, coming back from the outlaws... I mean the in-law's, I stopped by the Perdido Winery which is the first Winery in the state of Alabama. It was very interesting and while there, I picked up 13 cases of used bottles. They cost .25/ea so I figured even though I have to soak them and get the labels off, I'm still ahead somewhat. At least I'll have almost 160 bottles the same size and color which should making corking a little easier. I tasted some pretty darned good wine while there, too. It was a pretty cool place, and hearing about the history of the winery was very interesting as well. I'm planning on going back there before time to plant vines so as to get some of their muscadine vines to start my own source.

They cost .25/ea

.25 per bottle or per case?

If per case, quite a deal! Though I expect that's per bottle ;)

I never thought about hitting up a local winery for bottles, maybe I'll do just that and check out what the costs are when I make my next Missouri winery hop...

That was per bottle, Affe. I got 13 cases for $39.00. I thought that was pretty good since I just ordered two cases of new at about $12.00/case. A few of the cases were already cleaned and label free so I really came out great on those.

Depending on the label/bottle, I have been having excellent luck just scraping labels off with a razor scrapey thing without soaking.

I'm hoping they will be like the last batch of bottles I got from another source. I let them soak in oxy-clean for a couple of hours, and the labels all but fell off. I love that very weak glue! :hug

Like most of you, I collect bottles from my friends. I seldom get clear bottles. However, I am going to need 15 or 16 for my Zin port, so I guess I just might have to break down and buy a case of clear bottles

Latest posts

Back