WineXpert still have active ferment in Green apple

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNFISHRMAN

Reaction score
After the 10 days you are supposed to wait between steps 2 and 3 in the Green apple Wine expert kit, I still have an active ferment. SG had dropped to 0.0992 and no noticeable change between the 8th and 10th day in Specific Gravity. It was down to 0.0992 on the 8th day. I just have bubbles still coming up through the airlock and have 25-30 islands of bubbles floating on top of the wine. I feel that those are two indications of and active ferment still taking place. My question is do I proceed since there is no noticeable change in SG or should I wait until the bubbles slow down or stop? Thanks for the info.

Proceed to the next step. You have lots of CO2 in the wine so do not be shy about stirring when the instructions say. These type of wines usually do not ferment down to .990. All the bubbles are most likely CO2 gas. Sounds like everything has gone normally. Just keep following the instructions and looking for encouragement here!

Good job!
smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back