Stag's Leap OR Mosti All-Juice?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trubador

Reaction score
Which merlot has the better chance to make the best wine? The
Winexpert Stag's Leap District
merlot.................OR..................the mosti mondiale all-juice
merlot?

Boy, that would be a tough 1. I ave not tried the MM All Juice Merlot but have tried the Stags Leap. Most of the time I dont care for the W.E. products alot but the Stags Leap is a Superb kit.

I've made the WE Stags Leap kit many times. Superb kit. The wine has great body and is simply delicious.

Wayne

Most of my customers that have made both feel the MM Old Vine Merlot has more flavor and no kit taste, even at 6 months.

geocorn said:
Most of my customers that have made both feel the MM Old
Vine Merlot has more flavor and no kit taste, even at 6 months.

Interesting......I hadn't even looked at the Rennaissance kits.
These are 16 liter kits? They even cost a bit more than the all
juice. Are the rennaissance better than the all juice in
general? Or just some of the rennaissance are better than the all
juice?

Some of the Renaissance are better, but the big advantage is that the All Juices's need a year of age while the Renaissance tastes pretty good at 6-9 months.

geocorn said:
Some of the Renaissance are better, but the big advantage is that the All Juices's need a year of age while the Renaissance tastes pretty good at 6-9 months.

I am willing to age at least one year....does this change the recommendation at all?

George, am curious in your opinion which Renaissance kits are better than the comparable All Juice 23L pails?

A quick scan of the taste test database does not yet list any All Juice 23L pail ratings and all four listed Renaissance kits get Excellent or Good reviews:
Amarone (with raisins) scored 16.2
Rio Grande Rojo Chilean scored 15.3(my next kit)
Merlot Old Vines scored 12.9
Cabernet Sauvignon Old Vines scored 12

Thanks,

With over 250 wine kits, it is a real struggle to make the all. I made alot of the all juices before we started the database. I have the notes from the kits I submitted for the competition, so I will be adding those to the database along with the judge's comments. Most of those are all juice kits.

As to which are best, I can not tell you individually. That is why we are making all of the wine. I can tell you that I have yet to have a complaint on any all juice or renaissance wine kit and I have yet to be dissapointed with any Mosti product.

The difference I see is that the All Juices are not ready to drink without age. The Renaissance can be drunk at 6 months.

I pulled the trigger on the All-Juice MM Merlot. I'll just wait
it out for at least a year. I have plenty of other wine to drink
in the meantime.

Hopefully it turns out well.

Latest posts

Back